General artwork (non-game related)

Maps, decals, textures, graphics, videos...
KIO
E=mc² member

Re: General artwork (non-game related)

Post by KIO »

Heh, i dont draw directly on pc coz mouse is terrible for that. Im ok with a pencil or a pen, so a tablet would be great to try:)
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

I started making my first pc-only picture with the tablet. Ill probably post my progress here, here is what I have done so far:
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

:rofl: :rofl: :-P
BETTER CLAN MATES YOU COULDENT WISH FOR
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

ahah very nice:D the egg (its contours) in the middle doesnt look very good at this point, but overall a great start :)
anti fougere
E=mc² member

Post by anti fougere »

A very nice begining! I like the idea :D :metal: I also do some drawings on paper only! I will scan them when I have time. maybe :p
spongebob is a serial killer!!!!
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

F1r3 wrote:ahah very nice:D the egg (its contours) in the middle doesnt look very good at this point, but overall a great start :)
I started with a sketch, now im refining stuff on the sketch.. so the eggs etc is the next step of refining:)
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

oh ok, more eggs then heh :-P

here's another hdr photo i made yesterday and have just finished processing:

KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

very nice pic... i dont have a view like that ffs:) Need to find a spot..
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

thanks, starting to reeeeeaaaally love hdr! its amazing how something ugly like this:
can be turned into:

and if the view from your window isnt very 'spectacular', just go outside and shoot some pics of buildings, cars... ..just anything that has some good contrast between shadows and highlights. I myself need to start taking my camera outside more often (I mostly shoot indoors now, which is not the way to go :( )
anti fougere
E=mc² member

Post by anti fougere »

Here's a pic I just made today! Kind of shit you can make in an hour :zombie:

orginal:

result:
spongebob is a serial killer!!!!
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

nice one, i love this graphic style.
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

something I started working on quite a while ago but never had the time/effort/inspiration/<other excuses here> to finish:

KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Looks interesting, Fire, especially the thumbnail, love this colour. Where was it going anyway?:)
Here is an update on my chick drawing.. made the shell and drafted the nest:)

Also added a bit of shading, arranged the objects.
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

:-P looks good m8
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Started working on the background, made a village house and a dog:))
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

nice progress so far Kio.
KIO wrote:Where was it going anyway?:)
I wasn't sure myself, tried adding light rays, text, some other stuff - it all looked terrible so I gave it up..
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

It needs a band of black space in the middle, with a ribbon of light coming from "far" left to the front, and the yellow patterns and circles being distroted next to it. Might work.
EDIT:
Added some more eggshells and lots of really fluffy grass:)))
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

KIO wrote: Added some more eggshells and lots of really fluffy grass:)))
the grass looks good, but are you going to work on the nest part more? At this point to me it looks a bit like it's made of shredded paper :)
KIO wrote:It needs a band of black space in the middle, with a ribbon of light coming from "far" left to the front, and the yellow patterns and circles being distroted next to it. Might work.
could work, yeah, but I'm through with that, I can upload the psd file if you want to play with it though :wink:
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Sure, i will draw out every single stick in the nest to make it look realistic... :))) Dunno, it was hard enough to make it what it is now, dont think that i have courage to do anything else with the nest, i think it looks ok like that.
No, thanks, i prefer doing something myself:P
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Back to photographs:) The drawing has been going kinda slow lately. No photoshop or anything, all you need is a bright sun and a floppy disk:)
Image Image
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

u guys like these arty angles :wink: kio keep ue hair out of the pic next time :-P
just put fires music to kios pic and lets just all sit and eat chocks so moody :D
KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS »

ill be there if theres chocs involved :D
LISTEN FOR THE BEEP ...BEEP....BEEP]
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

edit:
the 2nd one
DHR_000x wrote:looks interesting :smart:
and it also looks like an aftermath of a nuclear explosion :D
Last edited by F1r3 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Post by DHR_000x »

looks interesting :smart:
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

meet my friend 'Interloper':

I could go and play HL real world with this baby :-P
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Tried a different HDR proccessing program today. I was using Artizan HDR before. This one is called Photomatix and i like it more than Artizan now.. Much simpler and quicker, gives u better and more realistic results:)
I know the cup is out of focus, i was just playing with the camera after i added the CHDK patch to it. Bracketing works really well and quite fast ( i had to disable saving RAW files, coz it slows the whole thing down a lot and im not gonna process them anyway,coz Canon jpg compression is quite good). Looks like a sunny day outside, in fact, its just a saturation boost, the weather is CRAP.

And some more pics i made just now:
A door handle. Dunno why, but i like this one:) A hand-shot with maximum zoom, no flash.
And, thanks to CHDK, i can do 64 seconds shutter speed now:) So, gave it a try, looks almost like daytime, except a bit brighter than a normal london day...
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

KIO wrote:Tried a different HDR proccessing program today. I was using Artizan HDR before. This one is called Photomatix and i like it more than Artizan now.. Much simpler and quicker, gives u better and more realistic results:)
I've been using Photomatix ever since I started with HDR photography. Before getting into hdr i made a little research on different hdr software and Photomatix turned out to be the best one out there :)
KIO wrote:i had to disable saving RAW files, coz it slows the whole thing down a lot and im not gonna process them anyway,coz Canon jpg compression is quite good
I'd advise against jpg when you're doing hdr, even if the compression is good you still loose a great amount of color information by converting from 14(12) bit to 8 bit
KIO wrote:And, thanks to CHDK, i can do 64 seconds shutter speed now:)
wow this is even better than my camera's max of 30 sec's :D (I have the infinity mode but you have to press and hold the shutter button for as long as you want it to be and that means camera shake since I don't have a cable release)
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

i can use RAW files for stationary objects that i can shoot inside, e.g. that cup (which i didnt use RAW for:)). But, if shooting the skies, the clouds, the winds are far too strong to resort to RAW. Each RAW is 15 megabytes, so that takes some time to save, plus it saves the original jpg too. So, if shooting at least 3 shots for HDR of the clouds, they move significantly EVEN if RAW is disabled, although the shooting sequence takes a maximum of 3 seconds, its terrible. I think I made a few nice HDR-ready sequences today, ill process them tomorrow, see what happens. I have been to the parks today, must have some nice views on there.
Btw, with CHDK, i get the fastest shooter speed of 1/100 000 of a second:)) I took a picture of the lightbulb - can only see the string and thats it.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Here is one of the shots i made. I was told its a 5-star hotel:)) Btw, i didnt want it to be so dissaturated, Photomatix lied to me, showing me a bit different preview when i was working on it:) Still, looks very good I think. Park views will be a bit of a challenge - strong wind, lots of people, fountains.
OK, here is one from the park, looks fine, but lots of trees ghosting and the water in the fountain is kinda weird:), but all this can be fixed by some photoshopping:
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

KIO wrote:Btw, i didnt want it to be so dissaturated, Photomatix lied to me, showing me a bit different preview when i was working on it:)
yes, the preview isn't 100% accurate

Nice photos, esp. the 2nd one. Look out for blown out areas :) (back of the VW car on the 1st picture and the sky on the 2nd one). I still don't know why you avoid doing postwork on your images, for me it's sometimes even more fun than taking pictures themselves :)

BTW Photomatix 3.2 is out, be sure to upgrade if you're still using the old version, 3.2 comes with a lot of improvements and a new light smoothing mechanism, totally worth the upgrade :deal: