General artwork (non-game related)

Maps, decals, textures, graphics, videos...
F1r3
E=mc² member

Re: General artwork (non-game related)

Post by F1r3 »

some pics from my recent trip to the center of moscow:

KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Nice pics:) Some of them u cant tell they are HDR, only by noticing that the picture is too balanced:)
I know about the skies, im not home now, i just made a quick attempt at making an HDR from the shots i did. What do u mean by post work? The blown-out bit wasnt supposed to be there, the preview betrayed me. The skies - i wanted the colours to be right to start with.
Well, if by "upgrading" u mean trying to find a new serial on the net, ill go do that tonight:)))
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

KIO wrote:Nice pics:) Some of them u cant tell they are HDR, only by noticing that the picture is too balanced:)
hmmm ... in fact, i found pics without HDR are more "natural" in particular about colors.
HDR pics are allways awesome, but they don't represent the reality of things in my opinion.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Well, i think the ones that Fire did, especially the bridge and the fountain statues are very realistic, you wouldnt be able to achieve that many details on one picture without HDR. Some details would be too dark and some too bright. I can also make "more natural" alternatives of the pics i posted and they would look like normal pictres, just with much more details. One thing HDR does, i think, is it makes the picture too "flat", as u lose some of the shadow/highlight contrast.
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

KIO wrote:Some of them u cant tell they are HDR, only by noticing that the picture is too balanced:)
Well the 1th and 4th one are perfectly normal images with some postwork applied to them (no hdr at all) and the 3rd one is a 50/50 one (hdr blended with a normal image 50% opacity each, or 55/45 not sure)
KIO wrote:What do u mean by post work?
By postwork i mean playing with color balance, contrast, masking, sharpening, noise reduction and a lot of other stuff that will make the overall image look better and more compelling to the eye
KIO wrote:Well, if by "upgrading" u mean trying to find a new serial on the net, ill go do that tonight:)))
And you don't even need to get a new serial to upgrade, you can just download and install the latest version available on their website, but we are all peaceful, law-abiding fellows who don't steal software, aren't we :D
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Hahaha, so u dont need a new one then... ok.. I still feel bad everytime I install a program and "register" it, and it shows a small cute window saying "Thank you for purchasing!". Makes me feel like im lying to a baby and it doesnt even notice.
I do do post work on the pics, usually, its just I like playing with new stuff before I do something else, so I kinda stick to Photomatix for now:) and CHDK, of course. I want to make a "Focus stacking" picture now, havent tried that yet.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Btw, on the bridge one, Fire, the middle golden tower is casting a shadow on the background! :rofl:

EDIT: Ok, here is one i made today with 9 different exposures. This is the most precise HDR i made so far :), as in, no blurred spots.
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

AWSOME pics Fire :omg: these building look worth going to see very nice mmm when i get cash might take the kid to see moscow but no weetabix <_< :cool2:

and kio comeon mate a bbq fire posts pics of nice buildings and u give us a bbq :zombie: only kidding mate :-P
BETTER CLAN MATES YOU COULDENT WISH FOR
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

Airplane:
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Post by DHR_000x »

KIO wrote:Btw, on the bridge one, Fire, the middle golden tower is casting a shadow on the background! :rofl:

EDIT: Ok, here is one i made today with 9 different exposures. This is the most precise HDR i made so far :), as in, no blurred spots.
the plants look very very nice... love this DHR effect :-P
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

you're only 19 days late :D
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Post by DHR_000x »

i dont look that often on this thread... just full with camera freaks :shy:
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Another one from the garden:) Also 9 exposures, just a bit of blurring on the flowers - it was windy.
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

very nice but seems really not real !
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

It's a lie, lie i tell ya!! :D jk. looks good :deal:
As for me, I don't shoot in HDR as much as I used to (i used to take ~50% of my photos in hdr :rofl: now It's like 5%, but it was a good fad i must say :) )

Here are 2 pics made at sunset a week ago (no hdr :D):

Last edited by F1r3 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Nice pics, but the first one takes me to a big PERMISSION DENIED page:) The second one is really nice though.
Yeah, it looks a bit unreal coz its all hazy from the lack of contrast:)
I had a long walk around Docklands - the newest area of central London, took lots of pictures, many HDR-sequences:) Some nice pics as well, here is some quick ones I made:
ImageImage
Those two are HDRs. Here are some plain pics:
ImageImageImage
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

Cool images! I like the 1st hdr pic (the 2nd is waaaay too artificial for my taste). The quality of the plain pics is very good for a point-and-shoot camera btw :wink: And is that your mother on the 2nd pic waiting for you at the railings? :)

KIO wrote:Nice pics, but the first one takes me to a big PERMISSION DENIED page:)
whoa how did that happen? Fixed now, try again :wink:
I like the 1st one so much that I'm using it now as a wallpaper :D :shy:
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Well, its not that simple a camera. Its a step up from the point and shoot cameras, at lease by lens size and general quality and amount of control:) And being canon the pictures it makes are pretty damn good, yeah, bear in mind they were also scaled down and re-converted with quality loss to cut size. I like it:)
Yeah, its my mum, she though i was taking a picture of her, while i was programming the camera to do a bracketing sequence. This pic is just one of the 6. The hdr wont be so impressive, since the light set up is quite boring.
The second Hdr, yeah, its very artificial, almost as artificial as it gets with photomatix, but i like it for some reason:)) Made a couple like that - they look kinda urban, and all other attempts looked too plain - the shot was taken from very far away with max zoom of 10x, so the city is covered in white haze and the sky is grey - its very dull otherwise, all merges together. And the gold ball was handheld, as u can see:P was surprised how steady it ended up being.
Nice skies on yours, yeah. Im using the tricycle as the wallpaper for now:) gonna cook up something else soon i guess.

EDIT: Hehe, now this one is on my desktop:
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Another, more natural HDR of the millenium dome:
And thats me taking that picture:) :
anti fougere
E=mc² member

Post by anti fougere »

here's a drawing I made today. Sorry for bad quality, I used my webcam to take the picture :-P

spongebob is a serial killer!!!!
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

ahh manga chick :cool2:
FuzzyBear9
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by FuzzyBear9 »

Isn't that KIO? :scared:
First BE - Then DO - Only then TELL
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

thought i'd throw in some random, recently made pics to keep things going :)

Boston subway:

A pano shot of the beach (US):

What an amazing piece of architecture this is, stands here in Moscow:

Just a rose that grows in the countryside garden:

This one's hdr, couldn't resist :D
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

where hell is focus on the first pic? so blurry:)
Thats one sad beach, i have to say.. well, at least there are no turks asking u for money for the bench thingies...
The church is beautiful, even the granny is amazed:)

Nice hdr on ostankino, the water is a bit grey though:P I see u had to compensate to get the skies right.. And im very pleased, also, that ur expensive camera also does purple fringes on the water edges:P although, i noticed that the photomatix somehow emphasizes the fringes.. I mean, they arent so bad until u make an hdr..
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

KIO wrote:where hell is focus on the first pic? so blurry:)
somewhere close to the metallic handle on the right :zombie: What I like is how the fluorescent lamps that are on look blurred :-P Also I didnt have much time to take the shot as the train was approaching and the lighting wasnt sufficient enough to allow to use a small aperture (this was taken at F5.6, 1/4 (!) sec).
KIO wrote: Thats one sad beach, i have to say..
It's actually not all that sad. If you walked ~300 meters to the left you'd see this:
(and yes, no turks, thank god)
KIO wrote: And im very pleased, also, that ur expensive camera also does purple fringes on the water edges:P
Me2, dont they look cool? :zombie: Actually, I think its the lenses' fault, not the cameras'. I've just compared the photos taken with the kit lens and the lens i bought after: being more expensive the latter makes the artefacts a lot more pronounced for some reason :hmmm: Photomatix probably contributes to that.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Well, of course an expensive lens will emphasize the artifacts - purple is the color of kings! u pay to get MOAR purple in the picture:)))
The first pic would be incredibly cool if it had a focal point, the sign, for instance, or smth else.. Its just its missing something like that.
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

i like all the pics but you guys are becomeing picture geeks :zombie: :zombie:
nice work fire some good ones :cool2:

ps all those pics and not 1 of a girl with big huge tits all the way to america on a beach and not 1 pic of some big fun bags :dunno: :-P
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

DARKIUSMAXIMUS wrote: ps all those pics and not 1 of a girl with big huge tits all the way to america on a beach and not 1 pic of some big fun bags :dunno: :-P
we can pretend i took this picture :rolleyes:
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

THANKS MATE nice pic hehehe :-P :cool2: :cool2:
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Nice pic fire! your sister? :zombie:
Here is me trying to play with light and long exposures:
ImageImage