wont be on : (

All things you want to say
fluffy little thing

wont be on : (

Post by fluffy little thing »

hi all, i wont be playing for a while, i cannot get my comp to boot up so im back on the old one for a while till i can fix the new one, c ya all later :?
federalic
E=mc² member

Post by federalic »

sad news. good luck in solving ur probs. see u soon mate
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Re: wont be on : (

Post by Cynyx »

fluffy little thing wrote:hi all, i wont be playing for a while, i cannot get my comp to boot up so im back on the old one for a while till i can fix the new one, c ya all later :?
if u need some help, don't hesitate.
Roundup
E=mc² member

Post by Roundup »

erf, good luck mate :)
The hell is paved with good minds.
fluffy little thing

Post by fluffy little thing »

ok help needed if poss, when i bought this comp(mesh is the make) plugged it all in and all was ok untill one night we were getting ready for a clan war when the comp just stopped working..........like it had been unplugged :!: .

i put it on its side and took the side panal off to have a look if any wires had come of, all seemed ok so i switched it back on and it worked BUT if i stood it upright it went of again :?:

so i laid it back on its side switched it on again it worked so i left it there since.

now the problemb is it will not boot up, it wont even get to the beep stage, it runs for 4 to 5 secs and switches off

i'v checked all the wiring and all seems ok as i susspected a loose wire :?:

is there a common earth where all the earth wires go to :?:

im sure its something really silly its just finding it :roll:

any ideas would be appreciated :idea:
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

If it switches on and then goes off with a harsh "click" - it could be ur processor overheating, and its actualy the motherboard switching itself off... because I had this kind of problem a while ago... check the cooler on the CPU, whether its firmly on - i.e. it shouldnt move at all if u touch it... if it moves - its the cooler and u can see what needs to be one, or whether some heat-paste needs to be applied... if it doesnt move and its alright - i dot have a clue:)
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

some ideas :

check with attention all connector (particular CPU,CPU cooler and AGP or PCIE card)

switch totaly off the computer. meaning if u have a button behind power supply : swith off. remove wire of power supply. switch on the button. wire power supply again...

how old is the mother board ? if it's an old one (more than 2-3 years) : check if all component are OK. Particular condensator. On cheap MB, capacitor explode sometimes.

if u can, try to change to another power supply.