New GPU problems:)

If we can help you in HL2DM...
KIO
E=mc² member

New GPU problems:)

Post by KIO »

Well, I dont think its the GPU problems, I think its HL, but still:).. I had Geforce 5750 before and I installed Half Life having that card in the system. Today I installed Geforce 7900GS (woooo-hooo) and went to test it. It works fine, graphics is brilliant, performance is great.
BUT:
I have not reinstalled the game after using the new GPU, but I dont think this should matter. The problem is that OBJECTS DISAPPEAR. Explosive barells disappear in pieces when I am near to them, but they are fine when I am far. But radiators half-disappear when I am far and fine when I am near. I have heard about this problem before, but dont remember where, can you, guys, help me, please?..
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

Have you installed the lastest *** stable *** Nvidia driver? Not driver in package of your card but see on Nvidia website here
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

I think so, yes... found the reason. Antialiasing:). If you change it BEFORE starting a game - some objects display incorrectly when you are near. If you change it IN THE GAME - its alright:). Stupid. 4x Antialising only.
Thanks for help, Cynyx. I ll look for drivers anyway.

Updated: 91.47 - the latest driver. It was on the disk. So drivers are fine.
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Here are some screens from todays bugs:)

WTF??? NO... this is metrocop dead body:).

Note the Elite body on the ground and the shooting ghost in front of me:)

Do you see the shadow of his foot and his weapon in the air on the picture above?:)...

When I disconnect, set the Antialiasing to "none", apply, then set it back to 6X it becomes normal. I had a similar bug to the metrocop body in NFS today. Highway walls had some polygons stretched across the screen, some of them fixed themselves on the second lap. Very very strange, and I cant find any info on the net.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Does anyone have any suggestions what this could be?..
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

i have forgotten to answer to your funny pictures !!!!
Really funny pictures.

About the problem, i have no idea. Are temperatures of GPU normal? Try to decrease clock of your GPU just for test if not a bad card.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Temperature is normal:)... 130 is the "critical level" for the card, and maximum I have seen so far (after playing HL) is 50-52:)..
Clock is on the factory level - I didnt overclock it. The problem disappears when I re-set the AA settings (to default, then back to maximum).
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Problem closed... New hardare requires new operation system:).. Win2K wasnt good enough.. WinXP solved the problem:)..
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

ahaha ... next time describes to me all your configuration...