The longest brain-f*cking session in my life so far.

All things you want to say
KIO
E=mc² member

The longest brain-f*cking session in my life so far.

Post by KIO »

Upgraded to a new Motherboard today.. took ages.. so, now ive got a 945 chipset motherboard with an overclocked e2140 on it, with 2*512mb 667Mhz ram installed, as well... and a cool cooler.. it runs faster, yes... i get 300 fps in HL2dm now on an empty map, yes.. Bioshock runs faster as well, yes.. but.. one tiny little but...
I STILL GET THE FUCKING BUGS like I used to before... looked on the net for something close to mine, seems that many people experience problems with 7900 chipsets.. the "squares" in bioshock are now much much less than before the upgrade, but still annoying.. bugs in hl2dm are the same, as far as i saw now.. why??? i wanna solve it, but there is no cause to it!..
I have fresh-formatted the drive and installed the latest drivers for everything.. i have cleaned the inside of the pc and the gpu.. it should work, but it doesnt.. so, the reason is theGPU, but why? whats wrong with it?... not fucking best pleased...

Edit: Oh, yeah.. the thing is.. I never got ANY bugs in the latest Splinter Cell Double Agent, but did get some in the previous one...
I never get ANY bugs having fun with the real-time render Nvidia demos, e.g. Geoform demo, and thats supposed to use all of the shaders' capabilities...
Never got any bugs in Call of Duty 2, as far as i remember playing it...
never got any bugs in Black and White 2...
but, got a 100% full screen of artifacts in Doom3 and Quake4, quite a frequent appearance of them in Need for Speed Most Wanted and the new one.. Carbon..
Internet only suggests "overheating", but thats not the case, and I have come across other people with 7900 gpus even stating that their temperatures are fine, i.e. the same case as mine...
What the hell makes this bug so selective and persistent???
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

- Check video card bios. Sometimes, they solve some prob sometimes.
- Test your video card in another PC, just to see if work or not.
- Perhaps a lack of power : try another power supply. Constant 500W : a good power supply = average 100 euros
- In past i had the same probleme with a geForce 3 Ti 200 ... due to a video ram slot dead. Back to the shop.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Video card bios? where is it and what is it?:)
I dont have any other PC to test it on, but it is definitely the video card - because I have changed the motherboard and there is nothing else that could affect it...
I ve got a 600w supply:)...
Im sure now that it is the videocard, but it is strange that it only produces bugs in some cases in some games... funny enough - i didnt get ANY artifacts in Ep1, but i constantly get them in deathmatch.. so, a slightly newer Source engine does not bug... strange, very very strange.. well, as long as i dont get any bugs in Ep2 and Portal - i dont care, really... or, or.. if i manage to sell my old motherboard, ill try to sell my card and buy a new one, a different one.. 7950GT or smth...

Edit: Applying for replace, its been a year, but ill fuck their brains till they replace the fucking card..
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

bad news :

http://www.presence-pc.com/actualite/ge ... gtx-17026/
exactly your problem from a serious in french website

translation of the solutions part :
presence-pc.com wrote: Sachant qu’une mise à jour du BIOS ou une mise à jour des pilotes est inutile et que NVIDIA préconise le retour SAV, cette solution semble la plus simple et la plus efficace, même si certains se sont aventurés vers le refroidissement desdits régulateurs de tension.
try of translation wrote: Updates of bios or drivers are useless. Nvidia says the return of vcard to the sellers the best solution even if some people have tried to cooler the tension regulator of the cards...
The article says the vcard most impacted are XFX, eVGA, BFG and Club3D.
Also said : in order to dected if vcard fail : launch deep freeze, Battle of Proxycon, 3DMark06 or Fear.

there is a video to show effect too :
http://site.voila.fr/dunsk8/download/7900gt.of.shit.MOV
Last edited by Cynyx on Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Thanks, Cynyx.. yeah, I have already written to them asking for a replacement.. my warranty finishes on 25th of october, so im fine:).. I m waiting for their reply at the moment...
When i looked on the net, i also found that most people say is that replacing the card is the only solution...
FuzzyBear9
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by FuzzyBear9 »

Kio,

Sad this is :(

Cynyx, as usual helpful and insightful. Let's hope that warranty pays off.
First BE - Then DO - Only then TELL
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Yeah, quite sad Fuzz.. I have got a reply from the people "Your request is accepted"... i.e. They are waiting for me to send my GPU back and then theyll see... They didnt even give me the adddress to send it to!!!:).. dumbasses, hate non-personal standard responses... wrote to them again asking for clear instructions on how they would want the product packaged, as I didnt keep the massive box it all came in for a year (obviously)... also, the address they want it posted to and what wil determine the replacement and what I will get and when... I m supposed to get a reply tomorrow.. lets see...
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

after some unluck : perhaps your card is not in stock and u will get a better one :)

in past my gf3 ti200 (with very few ammount of money) became a gf4 4400 ^^
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Im back on my PCX 5750 :)... sent off my buggy GPU.. lets see what they say now... though, it wont be soon:
"In 5-7 days an ingeneer will contact you to discuss the fault in the product. Then, if the product is faulty, it will take up to 28 days for repair or replacement"
I love the service in the UK.. so, erm, quick and reliable.
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

KIO wrote: I love the service in the UK.. so, erm, quick and reliable.
same everywhere...
FuzzyBear9
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by FuzzyBear9 »

Don't be too disheartened Kio. Patience is a hard virtue.
Like Cynyx said, they may provide an upgrade.
Most important, they may find and resolve the problem!
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

"May" makes things look hopeless, as they were this year, when I tried to get rid of those bugs... they "may charge 30 pounds per hour for the investigation by the engineer, if no fault is found".. so I "may" as well, end up with a buggy card and a bill... I think they will find the bug, though, but I dont feel like it... Cant imagine getting another huge box through post, with a brand new gpu inside..
DrBreen

Post by DrBreen »

ah. i know a frined of mine with the same problem, i flashed his bios, but was still there, hardware problem

you should sell it on ebay, and save for a 8600GTS
GAY
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

"Hello, this is the engineer from Novatech, sorry for the delay - its just our colleague that was dealing with your card went on holiday and didnt tell us anything, so Ill have a look at it now..."
Thats after I wrote them as well.. Now, he HAD HAD a look at it:
"...Im running 3Dmark on the card now and it hasnt crashed so far.."
Of course, I never said it crashes, it gives artifacts, I bet he wasnt looking on the screen either... I told you what games you can try -anything on Doom3 engine, like Doom3, Quake4.. or HalfLife2, or Bioshock, or Stalker, or NFS MOSTWANTED and CARBON...
"Oh, ill try to get hold of some of the games to try it, I will keep testing the card over the weekend and Ill phone you back on Monday..."
Tuesday morning:
"Hello, this is the engineer from Novatech, as I said, I was testing the card over the weekend and it didnt crash, but one of my colleagues got a demo of Call of Duty 4, which is not even out yet and it runs smoothly, so I cant find any problems with your videocard, it maybe your games or drivers or smth, so we can either send it back to you or to the supplier to look at it, but this will take up to 28 days..."
Of course it wont crash on COD, coz i NEVER had any problems with COD, but I gave you THE games I had problems with, why dont you try them? It is a big selection of games, try getting BIOSHOCK demo as well - it is as free, as the COD4 one... And i can tell you whats gonna happen - black squares all over the screen... It cant be my games, coz i got of the net just as you did, I also changed my motherboard and the problem is still there
"...oh, it could be your new motherboard then..."
Erm.. no, coz it IS EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM AS WITH THE OLD ONE..And, its been almost a year i tried to fix the card - I reinstalled the windows 3 times, tried all drivers and everything, even changed the motherboard recently - SAME CRAP.. so, please, if you could find a demo of Bioshock...
"...Oh, ok, ill try to ask my colleague again, I will probably contact you by the end of the week..."
Fucking service... playing games on MY graphics card... welll, play the RIGHT games then and see how crap it feels... lazy ass.. and the myhtical SUPPLIER is Novatech, how the hell will it take 28 days...
I will get on your brains, people, until you change my card - remember that, Novatech...
zoubab

Post by zoubab »

Jeeez what a big mess ! :shock:
whip out your stick ! :twisted:
OMGWTFBBQ
Roundup
E=mc² member

Post by Roundup »

...shitty service... :? your are unlucky to meet unskilled g(a)uys..hummm, i know is very annoying to have problems like that...
I have an ati x300..wanna it? :lol:
The hell is paved with good minds.
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

if no solution ... still the last one option : nade in novatech.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Im on my good old PCX5750 now:).. and my orange box is due to arrive tomorrow, so itll have to wait for a bit.. I think ill just play portal...
About the service... I really thought it would be people with lots of wires and tools testing the card.. and thats not the case - they put it into the computer and play the games they have.. great... of course you will find out what the problem is, the game will tell you.. Lazy assholes... Forgot to ask them t get a quake4 demo - that VERY buggy on my GPU... cant see ANYTHING.. Bioshock is more or less fine...
Im curious now - ok, he finds a bioshock demo and sees the bugs - whats gonna happen next???? He will phone me and tell that my graphics card is faulty and I will have to be surprised??? then he ll send it to testing again, which will take another year...
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

You have one new message on your answerphone...

"Hello, this is the engineer from Novatech. I have downloaded the Bioshock demo, as you suggested, played it and there were no bugs at all..........but, I think we have got a solution for you - we have got a brand new unused spare videocard for testing, which could be a replacement for yours. It is the same Novatech 7900GS, but it has more memory than yours, so we can send it to you, as a replacement, just phone me back... bla bla bla..as i said, it has more memory, so it is a good deal for you.."

Quoting the great man Cynyx : "KIO is ANNOYING!!!" and SO I AM!!!:)))))))... basically the message is "HAVE THIS CARD AND F*CK OFF!!!"... HAHAHA,
KIO: 1
Novatech: 0
Muhahaha... the customer is always right, especially if it is me :twisted:

And I got my orange box at last, as well, playing laggy portals now:) still goooooood.. just gonna phone that guy back tomorrow and claim my replacement... it is really not my fault that they cant find the problem with the card - I had that problem for a year and couldnt do anything with it...
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

to be honest, when i have a prob, i don't wait 1 year...
if u have chance perhaps u get a better vcard.
zoubab

Post by zoubab »

GG KIO !! :wink: :lol:

offtopic: im stuck at level 19 at portal :x coookieee
OMGWTFBBQ
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

...completed portal :roll:
FuzzyBear9
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by FuzzyBear9 »

Cynyx wrote:to be honest, when i have a prob, i don't wait 1 year...
if u have chance perhaps u get a better vcard.
How much you did you have to pay Novatech Cyndy..?? 8)
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

THE END OF THE STORY IS:

NEW CARD, 512 MB, NO BUGS SO FAR!!! :P :P :P

Weeeeha..
disabled

Post by disabled »

hehe great)
"Have Fun With Pro" - Cynyx :batman: