Post about games in general

General discussion about games
Roundup
E=mc² member

Re: Post about games in general

Post by Roundup »

KIO wrote:My feelings so far are that its 15gig of torrent download and its taking AGES... The demo really sucks though... Its slow, boring, REALLY crap lobby-server-organisation, terrible pings (since no dedicated servers i guess) and really fucked up fighting mechanics...
+1, after tryed the demo, i can say that's not really interesting.
Gameplay is slow, Marines have no chances to survive (in DM mod).
Predator sux, i haven't understood all features.. :upset: :D
Aliens could be the best because of fast moves..

But graphics are not bad.
The hell is paved with good minds.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

As a multiplyaer it has no chance at all.. unless they improve the server organisation by a lot and get some dedicated servers. Even then its mostly for fanboys.
I do want to try singleplayer... I liked AvP2 when i played it, even playing marine:) Which was scary..

Round, for predator u press R for cloak - go invisible.. Then you hold left shift and you can aim where you want to jump to (very useful), also, if you aim at a guy and hold shift - you can jump to the guy by clicking the left mouse button.. a flying hit:) Then when you are hurt - press H and he will heal.. to refill the energy, u need to go to one of the scokets on the map.
ANd press F often to change view type - normal, anti-human/predator - anti-alien. Sounds are useful - if u hear an alien and they are noisy, just switch to their view and look around.

When you pick up crap for predator, it goes in your inventory, but you still only see your hands with no weapon. To use the weapon you picked up - CLICK your mousewheel. So if you picked up spear(on top of a box in the demo) - hold down mouse wheel and he will take it out and prepare for throwing. Let go of the button - he throws it.. a one hit kill, as far as i know.

If you picked up the disk(in some room on top floor) - same thing, but when you click the button and it flies - you can somewhat control the direction of the disk flying. Also a one hit kill...

For the mine (top horizontal bar in the biggest room) - when you hold mousewheel - he charges the mine and when you let go - he puts it on the wall... Its a proximity mine - so it explodes when someone is near it. Kills you too, if u walk by. It is fun to just spam mines everywhere, or, if there is an alien chasing u, run away from him, but put a mine on the wall.. he will keep running after you and get exploded on it. I also used mines to make traps around a corner, where i go and heal myself:)

For the power cannon thing (top horizontal bars in the biggest room and somewhere underground in tunnels too) - hold it down - he starts aiming like in movies, when he is aimed - let go of the button and the cannon will shoot a fully powered ball that will chase the enemy... one hit kill too. But, you dont have to aim fully, if u just click the mousewheel he will shoot a weak ball in a straight line. Very useful when there is a fast alien around you - shoot at him a few times, until he gets stunned a bit, then u can jump on him and hit him to death.
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
Flump-A-Tron 5000

Post by Flump-A-Tron 5000 »

Multiplayer is awesome on avp just need to get the hang of the new game mechanics. For me it is a big improvement the grabs are useless once you know how to counter them. But yeah i felt the same as your KIO with the servers being shit and the grabs and game mechanics before i got the full game.
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

Flump-A-Tron 5000 wrote:Multiplayer is awesome on avp just need to get the hang of the new game mechanics. For me it is a big improvement the grabs are useless once you know how to counter them. But yeah i felt the same as your KIO with the servers being shit and the grabs and game mechanics before i got the full game.
it is GREAT i was worried at first with the demo but i love it !
:cool2: :cool2:
BETTER CLAN MATES YOU COULDENT WISH FOR
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Just completed the Predator "campaign".. took me about 3 hours to complete:) Even less than that. Quite disappointing. You are shit and vulnerable with the silly *pew-pew* gun, which I never actually used that much. And when you "sneak-kill" a guy - everyone starts shooting at you, even if you are cloaked, never been seen, and sitting on top of the roof where they dont actually have a line of sight. Levels are empty and boooooring:) Kill mechanics is much better than laggy demo fights, so its not that slow anymore.
The disk was fun, i sliced most of the aliens with it, especially once you get the alien vision. And once you get the spier thing - you are one-shot-kill-machine... I sniped a valley full of deadly androids with the spier, or "combo-stick" (sounds like smth you buy in a sexshop), without actually moving. I really like AvP2, even if it did feel a bit undeveloped too,but not as much as Avp3 is undeveloped... I mean, as predator, you need to rip a head off some officer guy twice in the game... twice or three times.. Couldnt they make TWO different models for that? rather than the same wrinkly guy with an ugly baldpatch... Or, in one level I consecutevly found 2 or 3 dead scientists which were exactly the same. I really dont know WHY this game is 16 gb, it barely has any model or environment variety and its not that pretty... Also, I once ripped a spine out of an android... If i remember Alien movies right, those white-blooded androids do look much like people but dont actually consist of organs and bones... So they didnt even make a special "cool death" animation for one out of THREE different human enemies you see in the game. Really really really weird. Also, the half-game boss fight with a Praetorian alien thing was strange - he was running away from me, or around me all the time, while i was on rooftops.
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

i love the game !!! single players are short but! multi is fun !
BETTER CLAN MATES YOU COULDENT WISH FOR
KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS »

Darkius took the words right out of my mouth,survival is just madness and such great fun :D
LISTEN FOR THE BEEP ...BEEP....BEEP]
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

if you haven't already it : Portal is free till 24 may

http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/

I dunno if u can keep it after 24 may .. but you have time to finish it and it's a must to have.
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

Success!

Portal is now registered to your account on Steam.

To access your new content, simply launch this game from your games list on Steam.
cool, thanks for the notice Cynyx :cool2: Even though I don't play anything except hl2dm (cs 1.6 occasionally), I'll be sure to check out Portal :)