English accents - an interesting website

All things you want to say
F1r3
E=mc² member

English accents - an interesting website

Post by F1r3 »

Today I stumbled upon a very interesting website. Basically it's a huge database of recordings of people from all of the world - all the people were asked to read the same text extract and while they were reading it - they were being recorded. So this is a good way to listen to different accents and compare them, some of them are really funny :D
Here's an example.
First, the text being read by native speakers:
-USA
-UK
And the same text read by people from other countries:
-France
-Russia
-Switzerland
-Spain

(The French and Russian ones are the best :rofl: )
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Re: English accents - an interesting website

Post by DHR_000x »

sssssss.... sssssss..... i dont know... scup :-P

And the swiss one has a good english (UK) accent

Spain goes powned in english hihi:

E-store
E-Stella
E-spoon
E-spaña O.o :rofl:

Very funny :aha:

PS: E-Mail ??? o.O
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

O-m-f-g, that russian woman has to be ashamed... and shot. :twisted:

EDIT:She is 68 years old...

EDIT:Man, I have listened to some other russian speakers.. even a girl, 23, lives in USA for 4 months - cant read... now i understand why turks on my holiday were surprised that I was a russian who can actually speak english...
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

KIO wrote:and shot. :twisted:
lol :rofl:
KIO wrote:even a girl, 23, lives in USA for 4 months - cant read...
I don't think 4 months is enough, especially for a russian girl who, I'm sure, couldn't speak english when she moved in...
KIO wrote:now i understand why turks on my holiday were surprised that I was a russian who can actually speak english...
hehe when I was in Tunisia this year it was all the same. You know these people at beaches who are always annoying everyone and offering tours/excursions? When one of them (a tunisian guy) came across some russians sitting next to me, he asked them: "from?", and they coudln't understand (started saying in russian: "wtf, what does he want?" - "че он прикопался? че ему надо?"), then he tried talking in french, italian, german... No response... When he finally understood they were russian, he was like: "omg.. why do you russians speak only russian?!". Well, unfortunately this is true, most people in our country have poor/no knowledge of english :(

oh and after that the tunisian guy moved to our spot, and I told him I was from USA :rofl: And I think he believed me :rofl:
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Post by DHR_000x »

F1r3 wrote: "omg.. why do you russians speak only russian?!"
:rofl: ^_^
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Yeah, but thats true:))) Russians on holidays prefer to speak russian, coz.. well, i dont know:)))
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
miti

Post by miti »

I uffff less evil that I recorded in my ears if not poor whom we hear is what you were laughing until my .... hahahah