choke ?

If we can help you in HL2DM...
fluffy little thing

choke ?

Post by fluffy little thing »

Hi All,
i am getting kicked from some servers (fear is one of them) i get a warning that my choke is to high then a countdown to when i get kicked, then a warning that the maximum choke is 10,0000, what is it ? and how do i stop it happening, help is needed, thanks :D
Roundup
E=mc² member

Post by Roundup »

Hi mate,
i have same problem in this moment and i have "loss" too on some servers (3~10), and "choke" near 15...
It's about your internet connexion, and i think you can't do anything to fix it.
I think there are a lot of players on Steam's servers (holidays) and it's the cause of the problem :?
The hell is paved with good minds.
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

U SLAAAAAAGZ

Post by U SLAAAAAAGZ »

If players now have loss or choke on my servers they will be kicked

maxping 150
maxchoke 10
maxloss 5

This is checked over 60 seconds and if it is over that limit for 60 seconds you will be kicked from the server.

Is net_graph 3 showing choke, loss when you are kicked???

Loss is down to your computer and choke down to the connection to the server i think...... but if your rates are wrong its gonna make you choke out no matter what anyway i guess.

If you take a screen shot of net_graph 3 whilst you are playing and moving it should show your choke/loss, and hopefully you can find setting your rates more accurate will make that go away and your playing more accurate :P
fluffy little thing

Post by fluffy little thing »

THANK YOU FOR THE REPLIES, i have a better understanding of it now :roll: , i'll try and work my way through the settings slowley and see what suits although i think you can go a bit to deep into this part of the game as all servers are different