Enable console for HL2

If we can help you in HL2DM...
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Enable console for HL2

Post by Cynyx »

In order to enable the console in Half Life 2 :

(sreenshots are from the french STEAM version, sorry for that ...)

1) Launch Steam, and go to <My games> panel

2) Right mouse click on HL2 Deatmatch, and go to <proprieties> item

3) Click on the <launching properties> button

4) Add -console in the input text box

5) Add -novid in the same input box, if you are bored with the intro movie (You can join game server faster without the boring video)
Last edited by Cynyx on Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

...or you could just go in-game to Options - Keyboard - Advanced and tick "enable developer`s console ~"
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

KIO wrote:...or you could just go in-game to Options - Keyboard - Advanced and tick "enable developer`s console ~"
arf ... I'm a noob in HL (I play it since only 2 months) ... I don't know this ! It's seems more easy ... thanks
FougereDeGuerre

Post by FougereDeGuerre »

This method works for you Kio :!:
Lucker :wink:

I had to use the method given by Cynyx to have a console open, your method didn't work for me when I wanted to get the console. Maybe that one of the valve update had fixed the problem, or maybe this problem only occur on my installation.

But now I have a console, so I don't think I'm going to try your method again :wink:
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

FougereDeGuerre wrote: But now I have a console, so I don't think I'm going to try your method again :wink:
Same for me... :lol: but if it's work for others why not...
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Well... What do u mean didnt work?.. Dont u have the tick, or doesnt the console drop down when you press "~"?.. or dont u have a "~" button?:).. I just suggested a way that worked for me:)..
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
FougereDeGuerre

Post by FougereDeGuerre »

In fact, when I choosed selected the case to open the developper console, the developper console can't be opened by pressing the "~" button, or by pressing the "²" button, which I assume to be the equivalent for the "~" button in french keyboard, and is often used for console in games.

So, i search another way of having a console, and the way that cynyx had given works for me. The only problem of this solution is that a console is open when the game starts, and if we close this console, we have to restart the game to open a new one.

You are right to propose this method if its work for you, because this method is quite more simple than the one I used. I just answered to your post because I don't had so much luck than you, and I had to use a more complicated way to get the console :)
Vercetti
E=mc² member

Post by Vercetti »

Thanks guys :lol:
disabled

Post by disabled »

hmm i hear some trick. that you can connect to server but not standart way ( see the window of proccesing of your downloads and connecting to serve)
But instead the screen in menu ( where rebel atack 3combines with toilet+gg) you will see console mod of connecting to serever. And all function like "disconect " " Find Serever" "Friends" will be useable. Its like in hldm oldschool) By the way who have it???
"Have Fun With Pro" - Cynyx :batman:
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

don't know that.