General artwork (non-game related)

Maps, decals, textures, graphics, videos...
KIO
E=mc² member

Re: General artwork (non-game related)

Post by KIO »

Here are a couple of HDRs I made today. HDR didnt actually add that much, just some details to get a "fuller" picture, in fact it added shit loads of detail, i just keep noticing more and more now:) the petals on the flower are just beautiful, but tonemapping did improve a lot:
ImageImage
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

MY TEAMFORTRESS 2 IS FIXED!!!
After half a year of it lagging and being shit, a recent patch fixed it all. Hurrraaaayy.. Plus some small help from steamsupport. All in all, tha spy is back to stab yer back!
Here is a spray I quickly made yesterday:
Its transparent, thats why thumbnail is black and full picture is white.
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

KIO wrote:Here are a couple of HDRs I made today. the petals on the flower are just beautiful, but tonemapping did improve a lot:
YEAH beautiful :rolleyes: :zombie:
any HDR pics of hot chicks instead of flowers next thanks :-P :D
BETTER CLAN MATES YOU COULDENT WISH FOR
FuzzyBear9
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by FuzzyBear9 »

DARKIUSMAXIMUS wrote:YEAH beautiful :rolleyes: :zombie:
any HDR pics of hot chicks instead of flowers next thanks :-P :D
DARKY!!...that's cold and insensitive!!... :moral:

..but +1 :D
First BE - Then DO - Only then TELL
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Came across an old digital camera while going through my junk. Firstly decided just to take it apart, then in the process found it's visible light filter and remembered an article that said how to make an infra-red camera.
So, replaced the visible light filter with two pieces of developed film (i.e. the IR filter) and now i got myself an infra-red camera:).. One drawback of this device now is that I kinda damaged the chasis as I was taking it apart, so I couldnt use it again. It is very cyber-punk, but, erm..fragile.

But here is a pic I took with that camera. It will be much more exciting in the daylight, gonna try it tomorrow:

This is an example what daylight in IR would look like:
Of course for something like that you need a proper camera with a proper IR filter, not a frankenstein like mine is... but still, nice to experiment.
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

cool nice effect :cool2:
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Its not just an effect, its really seeing the normally invisible InfraRed spectrum.. Many objects seem very different, ill make a few comparison pictures. Its really amazing... But for starters, most people's hair looks white, eye retinas look really fucking scary, many black objects are white in IR etc...

EDIT:
Made some outside shots, but spent most of the day trying to fashion a battery holder because the "dangling on the wires" system kept getting disconnected.. Was hard given that i have no tools but a screwdriver and a hammer at this place...
But yeah, a comparison shot of some boxes, a bottle of sherry and a penguin to see how different things are in IR. Interstingly, most colored drinks like grape juice or that sherry are almost perfectly transparent in IR, but a transparent ironing liquid is dark grey in infrared:)
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage

Many pics come out unfocused because the camera had a pre-set lens that wasnt supposed to be moved. But as I was changing the filters around, I had to unscrew the lens and screw it back on. So now I have to keep turning the tiny plastic lens holder around all the time to make sure it focuses where I want it to. And on a LCD of the size of a fingernail its really fucking hard to see the difference...
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Learning how to take these pictures. I know its the same setting like one of the other ones - the pics are from my kitchen window, as the device is not very outside-friendly. But I do like the lighting now, I just added a sepia effect rather than just black and white.
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

FREAKY MAN wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :zombie:
FuzzyBear9
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by FuzzyBear9 »

you might want to block out the number plate KIO, just from a legal standpoint...

..otherwise great work!!! :cool2:
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

I think that would be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too much... Cant really go around every single picture I take blocking out numberplates, faces, occasional strings of numbers, name badges, street signs... Out of political correctness could also photoshop all people to be of a neutral greenish color with no secondary sexual traits.
Quite silly I would say. Dont think there is a legal standpoint that forbids me from seeing and remembering the number plate.. How is taking a picture of it is less legal.
FuzzyBear9
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by FuzzyBear9 »

KIO wrote:I think that would be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too much... Cant really go around every single picture I take blocking out numberplates, faces, occasional strings of numbers, name badges, street signs... Out of political correctness could also photoshop all people to be of a neutral greenish color with no secondary sexual traits.
Quite silly I would say. Dont think there is a legal standpoint that forbids me from seeing and remembering the number plate.. How is taking a picture of it is less legal.
erm..but you're the moderator... :D ...just needed a reason to say that hehe
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

Installed a bird feeder at my countryside place this week and it's become very busy since day one :D While most of the birds it attracts are small and they don't eat that much, there are these huge bastards who don't visit very often but seem VERY hungry every time and gobble everything up in seconds:

KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS »

Yeah feed them well m8 and make them ur winged creatures of death who do ur bidding for food ;evil
LISTEN FOR THE BEEP ...BEEP....BEEP]
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

hahahahahahahahah :zombie:
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

If they're as good at killing as they are at eating I'd definitely consider the option :-P
KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

if they r good at eating m8 the must be that rare breed kombatius hawkius :D
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

Made an abstract wallpaper today:
E=mc² FTP : f1r3/wallpaper.png

And following a promise to Darkius and Kombat here are their (a little belated :D) wallpapers (1280x1024 resolution):
E=mc² FTP : f1r3/4dark.png
E=mc² FTP : f1r3/4kombat.png

Hope you like it :)
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Niiice, what did you use to make the curves?
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

KIO wrote:Niiice, what did you use to make the curves?
The program is called Apophysis (http://www.apophysis.org/index.html), the version I use is Apophysis 3D hack (a little more advanced, allowes you to rotate/zoom like in 3d)
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Yeah i thought it looked like a generated fractal. Nice program, im guessing its opensource and free. Ill give it a try at some point.
KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

OOOOh sweet fire m8 :omg: u r the man cheers m8 :banana: :banana: :vote: :vote:
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Oh, and btw its E=mc^2, not E=MC^2 :P general conception is that c is the universal constant of the speed of light and whatnot... and m is the mass of the particle.
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

The forum has become really quiet recently... :( I thought I'd post some random pics I recently made so we could at least have some activity :deal:

1.Church

2. Moscow International Business Center (still under construction)

3.Ministry of Foreign Affairs building (forgive the smudges, it was drizzling and my lens got wet :( )

4. A result of me fooling around with my camera today, this is a HDR made of 12 images (probably the most accurate one I've ever made), called 'In da kitchen' :D

Comments welcome :)
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Is the business one hdr as well?

I was playing around with fire today (not Fire fire, but fire fire), here is what I got, didnt take long at all, but i like it.
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

KIO wrote:I was playing around with fire today (not Fire fire, but fire fire), here is what I got, didnt take long at all, but i like it.
nice, what did you use to make that?
KIO wrote:Is the business one hdr as well?
nope, only the last one is
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

really nice pictures.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Ive used this photoshop tutorial as a starter,
http://www.republicofcode.com/tutorials ... zingflame/
but i spent much longer on creating the flame itself using the smudge tool like in the tutorial, but in more detail. Then added some texturising(broken glass) and some more playing with filters
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

still no pics of chicks with big tits guys?? :upset: :dunno: <_< ;evil