General artwork (non-game related)

Maps, decals, textures, graphics, videos...
F1r3
E=mc² member

General artwork (non-game related)

Post by F1r3 »

I know we have people who do graphics so lets post our works (finished or unfinished - doesnt matter) here, it can be 2D or 3D, just anything you want to share with others. Ill start :)

Sometimes when i look at a photo and im in a 'photoshop mood' i start PS and play with that foto to see if anything interesting comes out of that :) I was in that mood today and played with Darkiuse's Skye pic he sent me yesterday a little:

before:

Hope to see works from others here soon :deal:
KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Re: General artwork (non-game related)

Post by KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS »

Very,very nice m8 i really need to learn to do that :omg: :omg: :metal:
LISTEN FOR THE BEEP ...BEEP....BEEP]
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Post by DHR_000x »

i really need to know how the heck i can instal PS 7 on my PC xD
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Almost no photoshop, just adjusted the exposure and made the edges darker.
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS wrote:Very,very nice m8 i really need to learn to do that :omg: :omg: :metal:
thanks and it's never late to start learning :)
KIO wrote:Almost no photoshop, just adjusted the exposure and made the edges darker.
could you post the before version?
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Sure, its not much different. Its nine megapixels, ill just post 1600x1200, like the previous one.
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

had some fun playing with a photo of my eye :D

and some very simple 3D (no post-processing)

KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Nice blue balls, Fire:) Is it in 3dMax?

Here is an unedited photo i made:
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

KIO wrote:is it in 3dMax?
C4D

and what is that blue stuff in the air? :O looks interesting :)
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Its whats called astrojax, basically, three plastic balls with LEDs on a string:) I set the camera on 15 second exposure and just messed with the glowing balls. Its kind of a sport thingie, like Yo-Yo... I just bought them coz they look cool:)) I cant do shit with them.
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

played with the colors/lightning a little (hope u dont mind :) ), not sure if i made it better though lol

(the first one is not the original one)
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

The first one is a bit pale and dull.. I like the second one:)
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

:)
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Nice one, FIre:) Is the sky real? or did u add that on? Otherwise, interesting contrast. Im thiniking of making an HDR picture of a London view, but cant get myself to do it:)) Nothing interesting out of my window.
Here is an old-old picture of my room, before i came to england.
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

thanks, everything is real :) And HDR - dont you need a tripod for that?
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

I have a tiny one:))) About 15cm high:) Managed to get a few HDR pics with it, not very interesting. These ones, for example:
ImageImage
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

hehe i like the 2nd one, I dont know much about HDR yet but what you do is make 3 or more shots with different exposure and then combine them into one, right? There are some really stunning HDR pics on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joeproosen/3366195864/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43052603@N00/3308864038/
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Yeah, those pics are great.. Well, from what i managed to get into my head, HDR is quite interesting. First, yeah, you need to take a few shots with different exposures and combine them using a program. I am using ArtizenHDR, i saw it mentioned on render.ru once, and i thought id get it to see what it does:) So, yeah, there might be better programs out there, but i like this one.
Second, as opposed to just photoshopping/changing brightness and contrast of a normal jpg file, HDR is much better. As u know, RGB has scales of 0-255 in those three colours, all of them add up to a big enough range of colours and tints, BUT, they give very limited amount of difference in lightness of the pixels (255 steps, as u can imagine). What I mean, there is only 255 different values of lightness a pixel of the same color can have, so if u fiddle with the brightness within 10% of the original, pixels that had 220 and above lightness will be exactly the same now - 255, or, if u are darkening it, same merge of lightness happens in the lower end.
HDR, on the other hand, uses a different method. When you capture the different exposures of the scene, it doesnt simply "merge" the pixels together to get the final image. It records the RELATIVE lightness of every single pixel, so when you change the brightness of the image, none of the detail is lost, as the lightness of separate pixels are adjusted according to that proportion. Which gives you the "High Range" in the sense, that the image is stored more properly, more naturally.
Third, what you see on the pics u showed me, doesnt really look real, does it?:) As far as i grasped it, there is a difference between simply adjusting the Hue, etc, and Tonemapping, which is what is used on those images. The HDR files, when you make them, look dull as hell, the house image, and the watch image have both been tonemapped. Unmapped original HDR of the house is very grey, it has all of the details and stuff, but you cant really call it High Dynamic Range:)
Thing is that all of the media used to view images has a limited, low, range of lightness. Paper, screens, etc. So, all of the images u take using the digital camera are stored in such a manner so that when they are viewed on a particular screen they look the best they can. So, the camera captures a low range image and stores it in a form acceptable to be viewed on a low range screen. HDR has much greater graphical information than that, but, u cant see it, coz u are still using the low range screen to view it. Now, thats where tonemapping comes in. Tonemapping looks like a normal hue/saturation/bla-bla kind of thing in Artizen, but, the difference in concept is that it takes the High range of graphical data, and then u "manually" (as in, pulling some sliders to see what it looks like) select the part of the range that you want chosen. You "tune" it so that the image is viewed on this low range screen the best it can according to you, not the camera, for example. So, the surreal looking images are not something added on to an original image, but they are simply a part of the higher range image.
Thats how I understand it: if you take this sentence "Hai, my name is KIO, i like pretty girls", and for some reason it is too high range for the monitor. The monitor would automatically adjust it, so that you only see: "my name is KIO", this is not the full information there is in reality, but good enough and makes sense. With HDR, you record different exposures:"Hai,my", "name is KIO", "i like pretty girls", stitch them together to get the original sentence, but in "digital form", which u still cant view directly, and then using tonemapping u choose what part to see: "is KIO, i like". This is a surreal sentence, coz it doesnt make sense, but its a lowrange part of the highrange information:)
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

okay thanks for clearing things up :)
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Here is another HDR i made just now, compared to one of the pictures that i used in making it. With the same amount of detail on the glass cube, u cant see the skies, or the curtains in the original image. And if i just make it brighter, i will maybe see some parts of the curtain but very noisy and I will completely lose the skies then. The HDR shows both.
ImageImage
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

All that work is really nice.

Just i regret one thing ... When i see such so good talent as u can exprim in ur creations, i can't understand why u don't use them more for the clan ...

My main skill has never been to be able to make graphics ... just able to manage some computer servers, nothing more but this skill serves the clan ... Banners, website, decals for maps or other creation ftw !!!
FuzzyBear9
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by FuzzyBear9 »

Cynyx wrote:Just i regret one thing ... When i see such so good talent as u can exprim in ur creations, i can't understand why u don't use them more for the clan ...
:D
First BE - Then DO - Only then TELL
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

and Kio do i see a garden Gnome in ur pic :omg: kill it KILL IT :tank:
BETTER CLAN MATES YOU COULDENT WISH FOR
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

My first attempt at panoramic photography(+postwork) :)

(image is clickable)
(and yes it does look a bit grainy :( )
Last edited by F1r3 on Sat May 23, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

Cynyx wrote: Just i regret one thing ... When i see such so good talent as u can exprim in ur creations, i can't understand why u don't use them more for the clan ...
yes i know i know, shame on us :(
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

some fun with lights and long shutter speed (inspired by Kio :) )
LED's:

the moon:

KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Hehe, some tiny moon in russia:) Since we are posting this stuff, here is one i made around the same time as the previous ones. Call it "Dreams":)
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

KIO wrote:Since we are posting this stuff, here is one i made around the same
ofc, keep em' coming :) nobody but us is posting anyway...

here's a night shot i made a few days ago:

KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Niiice, quite sharp as well. Is Ostankino that close to you?
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

F1r3 wrote: ofc, keep em' coming :) nobody but us is posting anyway...
I want to be an artist too ...

it's ok ... i failed :rofl: