dm_scottish_memorial beta test friday

Maps, decals, textures, graphics, videos...
[ TSF ] LORD DAVROS

dm_scottish_memorial beta test friday

Post by [ TSF ] LORD DAVROS »

It has been two months now since our dear friend Scottish WaRrIoR passed away and left us all here to fight it out between our selfs, passing on to a better life we hope.....

As many of you will know by now since that trrrible day which brought a tear to all of our eyes, I with the help of RAVAGE and SADIST have been working on a map that we can all remember him by.

In that time this map has had large parts completly rebuilt or altered more than three times to try and make a map that has some aspects of a few of the maps that were his favourites, also to be a tribute to the man we all knew. Not forgetting that it also needed to have good game play, good looks and keep in the tradition of a true killbox which is the type of map he used to like to play before he moved on to play DAY OF DEFEAT.

If you would like to see the pictures of this map as it has developed over the last couple of months they can all be seen here.

http://www.rtype.com/TSF-Clan/forum/for ... sp?TID=469

Sorry for the new topic on this map but as it now looks almost a totaly different map and due to the importance of this subject I felt it warented a new post of its own.

Any way on to the map and its pictures.
Firstly you will see that the roof is domed to take the dome shape aspect fron killdome, also there is a jump pad as there is in killdome. then notice how both the floor and roof are made in the shape of the Scottish flag to salute the country he held most dear.
then at one end of the map there is a tube as in dmk b6. At the other end of the map there is a down tube made from glass where you can collect health as you pass down the tube and as you look out of the tube you will se the killdome placed in a town in the skybox.

Now for the screenshots, in the first one I have taken a picture from out side the map so that you can see the general layout.
Then I have taken one from inside the box with the main tribute to Scotti behind me.
After that we have the main memorial its self which was tastfully crafted for me by RAVAGE .

Next there is the first of two rooms, each of which have three ways of getting in and out of and the rooms are situated one at each end of the map.

Here are a couple of shots of the other room which also has the entrance to the up tube in . And in the second shot of these two you will see the slope that leads into the tunnel which takes you under the jump pad and up a short ladder into the first room I showed you earlier.

I am running the map on TSF server 6 this Friday for its first public beta testing, starting at about 7 pm UK time, and will leave it running all night and most of Saturday.
![ TSF #6 ]! IP 85.234.149.108:27048

I would also like to give special thanks to RAVAGE for making the custom textures ....
SADIST for helping with game play tweaking and other advice.

And finally Osiris TSGK and Captain PikPik TSGK for coming along to the private test session to assist with final advise and preparation of this tribute to a good friend of so many of us in this game.

You will be sadly missed Scotti and i hope that this map will help to keep your memory safe for years to come......
ImageImage

GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING DALEKS KILL
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Re: dm_scottish_memorial beta test friday

Post by Cynyx »

Make a map for memorial of someone is really highly dangerous, the map need really to be perfect. Really courageous initiative about Lord Dravos. When I saw the increadible number of hours he spent to build this map, and when i'm watching screenshoots, i have no doubt about the result : a proud Scottish Warrior.
[ TSF ] LORD DAVROS

Post by [ TSF ] LORD DAVROS »

Thank you for your kind words Cynx my friend.
I was determind from the start of this project that it had to be a good map and that is y it has taken so long and been altered so many times. My only hope is that this map is good enough to pe put on some high profile servers so that as many pepole as possibe get to see how well respected Scottish warrior was.

Ps. It would be nice if even you could come along and have a game at some point as a mark of respect for the man we knew.
ImageImage

GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING DALEKS KILL
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

very nice words for a fellow scot ill be there to show my respect and very nice map i know he would be proud.
see ya on friday
BETTER CLAN MATES YOU COULDENT WISH FOR
KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS »

I agree with DARKIUS i to will be there to salute a fellow Scotsman and damn fine player,such a good idea to remember him with a map in his honour well done to all involved :)
LISTEN FOR THE BEEP ...BEEP....BEEP]
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Post by DHR_000x »

That is nice :cool2: