HL2Skins

Funny pictures, videos or anything you want to show
FougereDeGuerre

HL2Skins

Post by FougereDeGuerre »

I downloaded and tryed one or two skins, and really, it's funny to play with some of them...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

:-)
La misere des amis n'est pas plus amusante qu'un jardin dont la flore est mourante.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Lol, where did you get them?:)
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
FougereDeGuerre

La misere des amis n'est pas plus amusante qu'un jardin dont la flore est mourante.
federalic
E=mc² member

Post by federalic »

Is the gameplay more laggy with thoose skins?
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

I couldnt find these skins there, Foug.. there are different ones on the server.. and how do you install them??
I have downloaded an archive with models and materials folders... and there arent any similar folders in the game directory... what do i do?

Edit:
Lol, sorted.. just copy them into the game folder.. and they are same as Fougs.. funny, but their arms a dodgy:).. they have two shoulders on each side:)...
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
FougereDeGuerre

I downloaded this one:
http://www.fpsbanana.com/mirrors/startd ... 66&ext=zip

Dezip it. It will made a hl2mp folder containing two folders, one named models and another one amed materials. Just copy those two folders in your "HL2 Deathmatch/hl2mp" directory.

Keep a copy of the archive, in order that if you want back the normal players skin for you just have to look after the files contained in the archive on your hl2mp directory an delete them. ( thus don't delete whole materials and models folders, you may loose other downloaded stuff like textures decals, ...)

For the other models, I just tryed one, the Zero combine soldier. For this one, just do what it is said in the readme text, ...
This model don't alter the player body(the first skin pack I talked about modify the body, bigger boops, dress unfiged ...), like the first one does, it just change the texture on the body.
This method ca, be used to turn all the players of a team in one color very flashy, by example pink for one team and pure green for the other. really not beautifull, but a lote easier to determine the team of each players.
darkmaster

Post by darkmaster »

thanks now do you play with this skins?And are there problems?because sometmes when i put skins in my folders my skins are purple and black
FougereDeGuerre

your skin are purple and black only if they are texture materials missing. Check you really installed the whole model and that every .vtf and .vmt files are present in the right directory.

Pink and black is a typical problem of custom textures that you didn't have, by example if in radioactivity I didn't used .res files to specify the custom textues to send, you would see the ceilling and the the blue-green platforms in pink and black, as well as the radioactivity signs...
darkmaster

Post by darkmaster »

yes i know but i put all files,so now is good....but before i didn't know informatic so and didn't know where i musted to put my files and now i know
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

I have try the "String" female skin long time ago ... i have allways ... and when a player take this model ... it's really hard for me to aim him.
I defintly hate this custom skin. and modify game files can be considered as a cheat...
darkmaster

Post by darkmaster »

yes some servers can considerate it as a cheat because i think a command is enter is a console
anti fougere
E=mc² member

Post by anti fougere »

damn CHEAT=BAN, I'll remove those stupid skin them :wink:
spongebob is a serial killer!!!!
eXs| DanielAndres

Post by eXs| DanielAndres »

This is only based on changed Model-Files onto your Game and have nothing to do with the Server or any Console Command.

You just change a Playermodel-File on your own Computer and this only effects you alone.

A Server-Admin cant even know about this because its only based on your local Files. You only change how you see the other Models but nothing changes for them.

Here is an example for funny alternative Models:

This makes no Difference for the Game byself in any way and isnt a Cheat because it changes nothing at all like aiming or the Hitboxes.
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

eXs| DanielAndres wrote: This makes no Difference for the Game byself in any way and isnt a Cheat because it changes nothing at all like aiming or the Hitboxes.
Perhaps, but i have more difficult to aim korin model.
Custom models can be considered as cheat : custom models ... there are also colored custom model more easy to see or aim... These model can be used alone or with aimbot... definitly i prefer to not use custom model, even if it's fun.
darkmaster

Post by darkmaster »

yes, some skin are considared as a cheat because a day i put a skin in my folders and the console say "the server can be in sv_cheats 1 for use models"