Whats your gameplay style?

All things you want to say
KIO
E=mc² member

Whats your gameplay style?

Post by KIO »

I mean deathmatch. We can discuss some tips, or just your game style here.
Everyone has a different gameplay style, but I think there are two common types: "stealth" and "open". Stealth is when you keep getting xbowed or magged by the same person from a distant corner, lol. Cynyx was a good example of stealth gameplay, now Soo plays like that too.
Open, is when you keep getting kill steals, followed by your own death from a shotgun, or a barrel. I play very openly, I cant even aim, when Im not moving. Fede has quite an open style, but, obviously, with an accent on the bloody mag:) or shotgun.
But thats just my theories. Lets discuss it here, because I find it quite interesting.
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
F1r3
E=mc² member

Re: Whats your gameplay style?

Post by F1r3 »

nice thread ^^
I feel comfortable on maps where it's possible to easily lose your followers (like dm_factory, dm_house, killarena etc.) - I prefer to retreat whenever I feel I'm losing a 1x1 battle :) (some players fight till death :) ). Also I'm I really big fan of shotgun, it really comes in handy when you're close to your enemy :) 1 shot from mag + a shot from shotgun = impossible to survive
federalic
E=mc² member

Post by federalic »

i hate rat-camping(or corner-camping - new style of ratting on map). Im odlschool killbox`er - no ar2 and no smg1.i like dynamic - so im easy target. But i really prefer 1v1 than stupid orgies - in dm 50% of kills is luck. i really like to concentrate on one target than being shooted from smg/ar2 when i try to spawn)
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

as u said : "stealth" gameplay for me

In 1v1 from short distance : i'm killed 80% of time. That's why i try to be allways far away from action. More of that, my weapon is xbow... not shotgun ...

If i jump in the action area by choice it's because i have chance to make frags (mean i have armor and good weapons).
Most of time, i prefer run away to get items,even if my inventory is full :), and try to kill all people i meet on my road of the "I want all items on the map, that's why i will be stronger and other will be without armor and weapon"...

Also an interresting thing : in melee, i shoot first in order : player shotting at me, player with a better weapon, player who see me.
Example : if 2 players fight themselves, i'm in back of one, in front of another ... i shoot first the player who can see me... and only after the player who couldn't see me. Most of time : apply this and u make 2 frags :P

However, i think i haven't the same gameplay of Soo ... I don't stay in a corner one time i have got the items i want.

I don't fight to the death ... and i prefer allways to survive (I think the unthougth reason is the quake sounds or kpd in fact).
SoOPaH

Post by SoOPaH »

However, i think i haven't the same gameplay of Soo ... I don't stay in a corner one time i have got the items i want.
:( I'am really a camper ??

Im always in movement... or in the air :=) ok i'go often in corner to take armor pack and health. (and mag or xbow are not far of corner) Im try to have a nice angle to see 2 or 3 player at same time.

In a real map I run around the map, and certainly no camp...
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

it was not a reproach ... just i remember find u allways in a corner.
My gameplay is not better when i go far of the melee :mrgreen:
But try to be forgotten by others is a skill in any place of the map...
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

I dont mind dying. I mean, if you respawn- you can frag again and you have full health again:) Also, I manage to kill more people by not caring about surviving, rather than trying to survive. Hiding just takes longer time for me.
My tactic is to be in the core of the battle, aware of the surroundings all the time. I always know where all of the barrels, physics props and players around me are, I can often predict when Im gonna be killed, but thats not useful:) I prefer fast paced attacks with a variety of weapons, rather than sticking to a particular one. Also, confusing the opponent, or playing with him - is also fun:) and works good for kiling him anyway.
But try to be forgotten by others is a skill in any place of the map...

Thats why you were the first person to remember for me:) Like a pain in the ass - "Cynyx is somewhere behind me, might as well go and kill him first, before he kills me" :lol:
Ezekiel, now playing as a3-something has an extreme version of stealth style - he NEVER starts a face-to-face combat:)

Sorry, Soo, I got a bit annoyed with you yesterday. I wasnt very happy all day and then I kept getting shot in the ass by you:) Nothing personal, I didnt want to offend you, sorry.
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
SoOPaH

Post by SoOPaH »

"Cynyx is somewhere behind me,
:roll:
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

KIO wrote: Thats why you were the first person to remember for me:) Like a pain in the ass - "Cynyx is somewhere behind me, might as well go and kill him first, before he kills me" :lol:
Allways be behind guy or melee is allways one of my objective. Also, I can say i'm very few times surprised : most of time i know perfectly where players are in the box. I check also allways who kills who in order to find where is the survivor to finish him or predict where the killed will spawn. Coward behaviour :)
KIO wrote: Nothing personal, I didnt want to offend you, sorry.
Exactly same.
SoOPaH

Post by SoOPaH »

excuse accepted :p
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

well were do i start you could say my stile is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr balls out :rambo: :viking:
i like the nade so i try to get hi and death from above is my style.
but now i try to copy players ...soo....kio....i think i play with these good guys more than anyother members so i COPY THEM AND IT WORKS :D

just look at my stats from i joined the clan.
Accuracy: from 13.6......to 16.9
i use mag and xbow now and it helps
also i got angry when playing ...KIO...I went in a huff and had a beer and a smoke i think my style is gravity gun /nades /then /mag or xbox .
also kio i am sorry i wouldent play the other nite i just had enoughf of being hit by balls. :x
i say SORRY MATE TO KIO but i think i am good with grav and well i am not that good i see now :(
kio thanks for the offer of HELP i thank u and will take u up on that :D
one more thing i cant remember seeing a nice shot or thank u from soo are my kills so bad :lol:
soo u need to talk more mate were in the same clan u know :lol:
ANY HELP I WILL TAKE AND WILL THANK U DUDES FOR :mrgreen:
BETTER CLAN MATES YOU COULDENT WISH FOR
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

lol, lets not make it a public apology thread:)
OMG, no, lets not have copying KIO.. otherwise there will be no place in the killbox, where there isnt a flying smg nade, lol:) I know my bad sides, but I like smg nades:)

EDIT: and combine balls. Lol
SoOPaH

Post by SoOPaH »

soo u need to talk more mate were in the same clan u know :lol:
sry for that :oops:
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

For people who english is not the mother language : sometimes we seems not talkative or worst : we are missunderstood ...
but it's true everybody need to make efforts :) ... If clan can bring us english skills, it's allways a good thing :)
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

gief english lessons!!!
Trauma<
E=mc² member

Post by Trauma< »

my gameplay was a kind a sthealth-light (light because of noob :P ).
I said "was" because it is not anymore i'm now a noob player, i play in a very weird way because i lost some of my reflex and i even sometimes use smg (sorry to hl2dm-god).

But their is something who especially get on my nerve: it's nade cooking. I don't want to offend any of you when i'm saying this (<-- i will not have to apology in a next post) but it's sometimes boring: you kill a gay; pick up a weapon and aim to another gay and BOUM, the first gay nade you!
:arrow: time between you kill him and he kill you : about 5 seconds.
Then my kpd sucks and one of the reason (and not the main reason) is because of nade!
I mean my skills in 1V1 are not bad at all, but in a big box, it's terrible.

Then i can predict some of your answer :
-play more on classical (cynyx already told my that in a old thread) = i suck in classical :(
-nade rocks = yes but it's boring
-you only use mag = i'm noob with xbow.

i don't care of being killed by magnum or xbow because it need skills : i can say ns to a HS but i CAN'T say NS to a long range nade throwing.

aaaah.... 2 free nades when you spawn, it's really too much.

Last thing, if i never say NS it's not because you sucks, but their is really too much NS : i can't say it without flooding chats.
Sorry for inactivity. :flower:
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

:D :D my nades will see u in game mate :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
i am a nade hoor but there u go :wink:
also throwing a good long nade is skill :!: anybody can use a mag
Beny
E=mc² member

Post by Beny »

nades-crossbow-magnum And physics.
Nirvana lover
federalic
E=mc² member

Post by federalic »

DARKIUSMAXIMUS wrote: anybody can use a mag
lets do 1v1 mag battle)
nades on boxes = 80-90% of random)
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Mag is point and shoot. It is a skill, but an easily aquired one. People learn to use mag before they learn to move around properly, there are many examples, take, for instance, the Sylloc Big Boss guy. He is a complete noob in movement, well, was, when I last saw him, anyway, but shoots mag quite decently, at times.
But, I would really argue that nades are 80% random. The boxes are not that small, well, kbh one, for example. Nade kills within a small range, and people are spread out, even with a full server. Even on TSGK boxes, not many nades result in kills, you cant argue with that.
Balls are very random, yet you dont often get too many random kills with them. Most of my ball-kills are aimed, not random.
federalic
E=mc² member

Post by federalic »

maybe mag is really newb to shoot when u stay, but try to has near 23% accuracy when u move(even crappy move). I never shoot when i stay, i try always to move, and, shoot in move. And i can say: its not easy to aim while u moving...
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

federalic wrote:
DARKIUSMAXIMUS wrote: anybody can use a mag
lets do 1v1 mag battle) :shock:
nades on boxes = 80-90% of random)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
U THINK IAM NUTTS .i love my little points :wink:
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

DARKIUSMAXIMUS wrote: U THINK IAM NUTTS .i love my little points :wink:
If u make 1v1 with Federalic and even if u lose with a kpd of 0.5, i think you will earn points...
It's relatively easy to win points in our stats in fact.
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

Cynyx wrote:
DARKIUSMAXIMUS wrote: U THINK IAM NUTTS .i love my little points :wink:
If u make 1v1 with Federalic and even if u lose with a kpd of 0.5, i think you will earn points...
It's relatively easy to win points in our stats in fact.
when ive had some training i might :wink:
i wish i could get some points from u Cynyx :wink: maybe some day :(
as for fed ok but go easy on ur old freind ok :twisted:
federalic
E=mc² member

Post by federalic »

im a pitbull of Cynyx :P
eat all his targets :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Now, who wants to know what a REAL mag-whore is?
http://stats.emc2-clan.com/hlstatsx_emc ... ayer=48539
And he was still playing, when I took that screenshot, so I think about 70% by the time you look at the link:)
This player spawns and runs to the closest mag-spawn and then spends the rest of his unowrthy life shooting people in their backs. I have to accept, he is quite accurate, but he is a complete noob at anything else, even at moving, I didnt even see him do a nade launch with ggun, not even smg nades. Lol. I saw him wielding an xbow twice, not much use.
Such gameplay rises a question in my mind. Well, two questions. First one is "Wot the fuck?", and the second one is that, if it is REALLY clear that people will slaughter him, if they see him, why doesnt he change tactics?:) He had a kpd of about 0.6, playing on the server with me, Darkius and a couple of medium skilled guys, and he just kept doing the same thing again: spawn, take ggun out, run to the mag, pick it up and then just stand and shoot. He didnt even properly fight for the medkits or armor. So strange, and such a good example in the mag discussion:) That it is an extremely basic skill:)
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

:shock: yip i was there too saw it :shock: :D :D
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

KIO wrote:Now, who wants to know what a REAL mag-whore is?
Perhaps a mag whore but really average aim :
Headshots per Kill: 0.16 (0)
for example Fede has 0.26 and you KIO 0.24 :)
SoOPaH

Post by SoOPaH »

0.39 for me :p
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

Cynyx wrote:
KIO wrote:Now, who wants to know what a REAL mag-whore is?
Perhaps a mag whore but really average aim :
Headshots per Kill: 0.16 (0)
for example Fede has 0.26 and you KIO 0.24 :)
:shock:

:shock: i am 0.18 is this good or bad?? am i a mag-whore?? :D :D