Left 4 Dead 2

General discussion about games
Roundup
E=mc² member

Left 4 Dead 2

Post by Roundup »

Kio mate, i saw that you bought L4D 2 and you have the demo, have you tryed it?

This is really a new game or just a poor new extension?
The hell is paved with good minds.
Callahan

Re: Left 4 Dead 2

Post by Callahan »

fuck, i pre-load the demo (2,69GB!), release for the demo is 3.11.09, or you can play it now if you order this now... oh please wait callahan. your are in germany, in your country this playable demo is not allowed to play. thank you valve that you told me THAT before i DL 2,69GB, NOT! Germany rulz. we have a crisis in germany. millions of gamers here would buy games....but you can't. har har har fuckers! fuck the gouverment. yeah fuck them. FUCK THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope the crisis ruined this hole land!

Edit: Wow nice, after reconnect to Steam, validate please.. validate.. oh callahan you missed some files..we update now...load load load... now: 3640MB. After that, the same window.. you are not allowed... i luv it. where's my gun...
Last edited by Callahan on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Post by DHR_000x »

i will not pay for that game, thats for sure, the original l4d is not even a year old and they make us pay for a little patch? ffs
Roundup
E=mc² member

Post by Roundup »

DHR_000x wrote:i will not pay for that game, thats for sure, the original l4d is not even a year old and they make us pay for a little patch? ffs
That's exactly what i think :) :cranky:
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Hi roundy, i didnt pay for it, i got it as a gift. I kinda share your opinion - its pretty much the same as the old game, just PLUS something extra, like guns and stuff. Prettier graphics, more zombeys.. i dunno, i still like it, but its not much else than old+extra...
Btw, i went to eurogamer expo in london yesteday, i went there as press for a russian l4d fansite:) I took an interview from Chet Faliczek - a guy from Valve.. was fun:) I didnt tell him the game is not worth it though... he said there are 4x more preorder than for first l4d..
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
Callahan

Post by Callahan »

wow, yesterday i log in to steam, valve make a update for the l4d2 demo. more then 250mb comes. oh now i can play it. it start, i play it.. what the fuck. nice.. the update CUT the Demo. No blood, gore or dead people. after kill a zombie, they gone like beaming. after two rounds i can say: VERY BOOOOOORING. Only run, shoot und help other players? thats all?
Damn where is the gamefun going?
i emailed Valve Support.. i'm adult.. i want uncut.. nope.. i must play a very hard cut Demo. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Is there anything that makes u happy, Callahan?
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Post by DHR_000x »

Fuzzy knows what, i know what, and it makes Kombat happy too :zombie:

KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Chocolate :D
LISTEN FOR THE BEEP ...BEEP....BEEP]
Callahan

Post by Callahan »

KIO wrote:Is there anything that makes u happy, Callahan?
You live in the UK. I live in Germany. 98% of the Movies are Cut. Only in Germany! In Germany you can't buy exa. the full uncut Bruce Lee Movies. I can't use the uncut L4d. It's not working. Its the Geoscoring you know. but i'm adult! i want all uncut. All is cut. Kane and Lynch, GTA all Titles, Half Life. The Wolfenstein Series ist totally forbidden. I you use Wolf3D uncut in germany. oh, you can get really problems! for a game!!!!! this is germany! You know Counter Strike?
The government wanted to ban the game! 3 years fight of Gamers vs. The Government!
The government mean that this like games make Amok Runners!!!!! Really, this is no joke!

and if you mean, import all stuff. No way. All goods goes Customs! And then they have your name, and you really got problems. There are known cases since had people more than 2000 euro penalty to pay, for a 40 euro Game.

*Update*
The Australian Demo Version is Cut do. But here a Fix:
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=836639

but Valve heard about that. After you Change your ID, you must go online. And then? Steam sync the demo. And YOUR old Steam ID is valid. The Fix never more work. Nice.
Callahan

Post by Callahan »

Here's a MOD for L4D2. You can play as an infected...

http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=13

EDIT: And at least, here you found a Tool that fixed ALL Cut Demo Versions!
http://www.newmile.net/Left%204%20Dead%202%20Censor.zip

i play it for 2 minutes. Wow, is the german version cut. Very lot of stuff and the complete gore is gone (really! the complete gore is cut. you shoot the zoombie, its dissapear, and thats all.)
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

the game is coming out in a couple of hours, i really doubt i will be able to play it in the evening.. the usual bug issues, "Game unavailable, try later" etc. But, still, I think it should be ok. Im actually curious to play through the campaigns.
Cynyx, is the question about which server to have still up?
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

KIO wrote:Cynyx, is the question about which server to have still up?
New server is planned for the end of december, beginning of january. not before. So, it's same for an eventual L4D2 server. I want feedback about the game before.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Ok, i have played it once so far.. well, it is fun. :)
Callahan

Post by Callahan »

Feedback from me: i was today in Münster in a Retail Game Shop 'XGames'. "Can i play the uncut Version?". "No, not here in Germany." And thats why i don't buy the game. ( the uncut game price was 39 Euro ).
Sorry if you mean i whine everytime about this.

Scheiss auf die deutsche Zensur, die USK, die FSK, die CDU, die Wichser die seit 25 Jahren Sachen auf dem Index lassen, was absolut lächerlich ist. Aber letztens noch im WDR: Story über Nord Korea. Was wird als erstes gezeigt in der Doku? Wie eine junge Frau mittem auf dem zugefrorenen See halb im Eis und halb oberhalb liegt. Schon halb verwest. Und das alles 3 Minuten lang in Vollbild und Nahaufnahme!
Last edited by Callahan on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Well, played 4 out of 5 campaigns. The game is definitely fun, it is somehow different from l4d... not as serious, i guess or something. The score calculating system makes the game much more competitive and fair though... Dunno, i m not sure when Im going to play l4d1 next time.
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Post by DHR_000x »

Callahan wrote:Aber letztens noch im WDR: Story über Nord Korea. Was wird als erstes gezeigt in der Doku? Wie eine junge Frau mittem auf dem zugefrorenen See halb im Eis und halb oberhalb liegt. Schon halb verwest. Und das alles 3 Minuten lang in Vollbild und Nahaufnahme!
Hätte ich auch erwartet...

Just calm down Callahan :) If you want to play it uncut come to Switzerland :D You are welcome here, as welcome as the other 500.000 germans that live here :zombie: (just kidding)
KoRn

Post by KoRn »

Played the demo and was rly surprised how some little changes spiced up the game.
Especially the infested i really like.
Love the "jockeys" e.g. (although they are quite similar to the well known "headcrab").

First I was a bit pissed when L4D2 came out because i just bought L4D1 and was hoping they would update it to L4D2.
But nvm, next time i look 4 it in the stores.
Argh!
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Post by DHR_000x »

Still not sure about to buy it... i will wait for a weekend deal :P
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

DHR_000x wrote:Still not sure about to buy it... i will wait for a weekend deal :P
same. Previous year, for first L4D, it was for xmas no ?
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Post by DHR_000x »

I think so, yes
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Post by DHR_000x »

Cynyx wrote:you can already save money here
http://www.g2play.net/store/Left-4-Dead ... m-Key.html
veri nice find :cool2: :cool2: less than 30 euros :aha:
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

I think the game is worth it, to be fair. I did have some doubts about it being same as L4D, but its actually very different. Gameplay is significantly changed, maps are much bigger and more free exploration, of course there are certain points through which you have to go, like a ladder or a hole in the wall, so that infected can plan an attack on you there. But the game does feel very different to l4d and it is very much fun, especially since now u can see what the zombeys had for breakfast if you shoot them in the stomach... you can also see their spine and ribs....
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Post by DHR_000x »

buy it...
not buy it...
buy it...
or not?
buy it...??
or.... not...
wasteing my time writing this post instead of download l4d2?
or not...
:upset: :zombie:
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Well, i was in the same situation.. and then i got it as a gift:))) so, all is fine and im happy.
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Post by DHR_000x »

ok i buy it.... but at the next weekend deal :)
Roundup
E=mc² member

Post by Roundup »

I think i will too because I cant find a new game that really interests me, i get bored.. :(
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

Look what I found :D
http://www.l4d-inside.ru/info/articles/ ... 102_1.html
(eng ver, google translate)

Kio's been hiding this from us :spy: :-P
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

lol, you didnt find it, darkius gave it:P or i said it in game when u were in it. But yeah, thats mine:) and there are two more pages, me just talking about the expo and me talking to chet with no voicerecorder.