Mirrors Edge

General discussion about games
KIO
E=mc² member

Mirrors Edge

Post by KIO »

You must have heard of it.
A first-person free running game. First of a kind, I suppose.
First of all, the graphics is simply beautiful, its a work of art that runs even on my machine, which isnt a work of art. The amount of detail in environment is amazing, and the actual "first person" view is the most realistic I have ever seen. YOu should give it a try, I completed the whole campaign yesterday:) Now im gonna do some time trials there...

http://metavideogame.files.wordpress.co ... 813817.jpg
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Re: Mirrors Edge

Post by DHR_000x »

Kio wrote:its a work of art that runs even on my machine, which isnt a work of art.
:zombie:

Maybe the game has beatiful graphics but, i saw so many videos and it still doesnt makes sense to me. You have a pakage that you have to bring to somewhere, and a lot of cops are following you.... ok, you have to escape, thats all? :upset:

A very simple parkour game, but nice graphics, thats what is see from that game :(
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Nah, they cut off all of the rubbish to do with delivering packages.. Now the packages are just extra items to be found on the map for the sake of it. There is some storyline, you kinda follow it. But most of the game is running after bad guys, running away from bad guys, running away from bad guys on helicopters, running away from bad guys with big guns... You get a fight every now and again, where you either end up doing quite a cool succession of jumps and killing 4-5 armed guys one by one, or you just fucking die at their feet.
I liked the game because it gives you the sense of speed, chase, etc. Its not so good on videos - you have to play it. You also feel the city around you - its beautiful:)

EDIT: I have just tried the Time trial mode, where you race through some path for time - ITS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE!... Well, I got bronze-silver on a couple of them, but gold is impossible, really.. i want to see someone do it.
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS »

yip got this1 m8 its quite good a change to the usual fps genre,i like disarming the cops myselfthere is definetly potential for future games using this tequnique just some gooood weaponry would be nice :metal:
LISTEN FOR THE BEEP ...BEEP....BEEP]
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Yeah, its hard to get a smooth disarm though, i dont like the "wack the button when the gun is red" technique, so i just end up jumping around them, landing on their heads or kicking their balls.
Btw, I saw a couple of the world record time trials on some maps, its quite doable actually. Takes a lot of practice though.
Callahan

Post by Callahan »

Damn i luv this game! a good, a very good advice: Turn your Windows Firewall off before you install the game. I know that!
I install the game yesterday again, and after insert the Serial Number, nothing happend. I think, securom is on, install from a DVDRW Drive = NO. 4 trys!!! before i realized that the firewall is on. damn.
i luv this game, I said that already?? because of the:

and the VIEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW:

thats my real time game graphics. i love it :love: :love: :love: i play it on 1600x1200 :love: