number of player: 8-12
properties :
162 Solids
1002 Faces
153 PointEntities
61 SolidEntities
13 UniqueTextures

Description:

After many year of deathmatches and trainings killbox_KBH was a bit destroyed. Specially due to the wide use of grenades by the MAXIMUS forces.

Big holes appereared in the walls of the map and some brigdes had fallen down. The map was then forgotten until a emc2 guy tried to fixe it.

Every physics have unfortunately desapeared. Finally the guy brought some 357 guns and some crossbow bolts. He also bought some healfkits and batteries.

The map may be perfect to decide wether 357 users are better than xbow wore :p.

Have fun ^_^!!!!!

ScreenShots:

ImageImageImage

Note:

Could be nice to play it on public 2.

Download link:

DOWNLOAD HERE
Last edited by anti fougere on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spongebob is a serial killer!!!!
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Re: [E=mc²] hl2dm map : dm_killbox_xbowVS357_emc2_v1

Post by Cynyx »

Who is the mapper Roundup as the post says or Anti the poster or in fact both ???

For an unknown bug (first time happen to me), i was forced to rename the map (name was too long)
dm_killbox_xbowVS357_emc2_v1 now and not dm_killbox_crossbowVS357_emc2_v1

I have just tried it ... and personaly i don't like the idea of only xbow and mag, in my opinion a part of the gameplay is totaly ruined (no ggun lmao ... ggun is so usefull !). I considerate this map as a bad copy of KBH with a bad gameplay, nothing more.

The map is installed on server 2, all members can change to it for testing it, even if for the moment i prefer to not add it in the maps cycle list.
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

I gave it a try today. A couple of thoughts:
-NO gg was quite a suprise and tbh it just didnt feel right playing without it. Hope this can be fixed :deal:
-Having mags and xbows only is good to try for a change, I think, but only as long as we are given gg's at spawn time
Cynyx wrote:I considerate this map as a bad copy of KBH with a bad gameplay, nothing more.
-As much as i hate to agree with that, I'd have to agree :( BUT look at it this way: there's room for impovement, im sure you could make it better (add GGs, physics, try moving the blocks on the ground somewhere else or perhaps add more blocks or some pillars... )
anti fougere
E=mc² member

Post by anti fougere »

Cynyx wrote:Who is the mapper Roundup as the post says or Anti the poster or in fact both ???
me sorry bad copy paste :-P
Cynyx wrote: For an unknown bug (first time happen to me), i was forced to rename the map (name was too long)
dm_killbox_xbowVS357_emc2_v1 now and not dm_killbox_crossbowVS357_emc2_v1
no problem ;)

Cynyx wrote: I have just tried it ... and personaly i don't like the idea of only xbow and mag, in my opinion a part of the gameplay is totaly ruined (no ggun lmao ... ggun is so usefull !). I considerate this map as a bad copy of KBH with a bad gameplay, nothing more.
Not the same gamplay, I never said It would replace KBH . I just wanted to use the map in another way.

Of course I could have add all stuff like in KBH but then this map is exactly the same with different lingthings and graphism (just a bit better even if it is still quite awful). So stupid idea. I won't add other weapons ; I don't wanna copy it . If none like it just delete ;)
spongebob is a serial killer!!!!
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

:dunno: feck dident even try it yet!
BETTER CLAN MATES YOU COULDENT WISH FOR
KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by KOMBATIUSMAXIMUS »

Me neither what will i do without nades probably go into withdrawl and just make nade noises down skype to Darkius,Fire and Cygunus :rofl:

Seriously though ill give it a try at the weekend m8,it sounds like Darkius`s dream map :-P
LISTEN FOR THE BEEP ...BEEP....BEEP]
DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

just played map with anti it would be a good training map on private server if u ask me :)
also Kombat will hate it heheheh no grav or nades :zombie:
Also one thing for anti to fix more light :idea: mate i think anti is a bat likes the dark :batman: :zombie:
CygnusX1
E=mc² member

Post by CygnusX1 »

Good training map my only gripe is i cant see too well,maybe i need to eat more carrotts or somethin! :wink:
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Post by DHR_000x »

DARKIUSMAXIMUS
E=mc² member

Post by DARKIUSMAXIMUS »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: