number of player: max 8
properties :
69 Solids
424 Faces
195 PointEntities
3 SolidEntities
18 UniqueTextures

Description:

Cage is a square map like many kilbox maps. It's quite small because of the building in the middle. There is a platform and 2 lift to climb on it. There is another little platform with a heath charger and a super charger but the lift to climb on it is quite difficult to take if you are short of health ;-) . There are a static vehicule and 6 countainers to fill space. The lifts are quite quick in order to be abble to "fly".

ScreenShots:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Note:

HDR options disabled. Dinamic light disabled. All invisible walls are in texture no draw.

Download link:

DOWNLOAD HERE
anti fougere
E=mc² member

Post by anti fougere »

I'm thinking of editing this map! I don't know if it's a good idea or needed so I ask you the question.

Why? Because this map was played a lot in the past. So, in my opinion it was a quite good map. But after almost to year of mapping I think I could make it more... :) Are you still following me :D. and finally I don't have time and ideas to create a new map for the moment but I want to use hammer :p.

What I want to do on the map :

- new graphism (texture, brightness, and so on) This map is awful graphically
- make it a bit bigger (I think everyone who played on this map agree with me if I say it was to small)
- remove some physics (too much physics is... too much in fact :roll: )
- maybe a small secret :?: :idea: :lol:

So, good idea or waste of time ?
spongebob is a serial killer!!!!
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Good idea, Anti... I would argue about making it bigger - i loved it for being so small and yet with lots of cover.. And physics is THAT too much, just a bit..
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

why not
This maps was my favorite in past for 1v1.
federalic
E=mc² member

Post by federalic »

Yes, great idea for great map. But, plz no secrets. Bcz if u place supercharger, some players spent all the time near it and it difficult to kill them, not fair in fact.
anti fougere
E=mc² member

Post by anti fougere »

So, I'll do it, thank's for support!!! I'll probably won't do it in the next two weeks because of exams but that will be the first thing I'll do when they are over!:P
federalic wrote:Yes, great idea for great map. But, plz no secrets. Bcz if u place supercharger, some players spent all the time near it and it difficult to kill them, not fair in fact.
Ok, no secret place! :wink:
spongebob is a serial killer!!!!
F1r3
E=mc² member

Post by F1r3 »

anti fougere wrote: Ok, no secret place! :wink:
mb you could make a room that would look like "a secret place" but when a player enters it he gets killed instantly :) like in cs I remember a map(i think it was called de_rats) with a mousetrap that had AK-47 lying as a bait, lot's of noobs got killed trying to take it :lol:
DHR_000x
E=mc² member

Post by DHR_000x »

F1r3 wrote:
mb you could make a room that would look like "a secret place" but when a player enters it he gets killed instantly :) like in cs I remember a map(i think it was called de_rats) with a mousetrap that had AK-47 lying as a bait, lot's of noobs got killed trying to take it :lol:
Lol you are right xD

About editing the map, i agree, but keep the old one too, i play it sometimes ^^
LyRiC@L_g

Post by LyRiC@L_g »

DHR_000x wrote:
F1r3 wrote:
Lol you are right xD

About editing the map, i agree, but keep the old one too, i play it sometimes ^^
+1