number of player: max 12
properties :
741 Solids
4503 Faces
213 PointEntities
498 SolidEntities
19 UniqueTextures

Description:

This map is an simple killbox, with three wide platforms on the top, each one facing a deadly ventilator. Those venctilator can be turned on from four pads, one on each side of the box.

On the ground, a terrible biohazard sign contains water which take off 10 hp per second, theoritically this is acid which blind people while they are in the water, but all the life loosed is given back by antidote. I don't know why, this doesn't work on our server, and thus not blinded but the life loosed is really loosed.

The pads looks like radioactivity sign, and each of the three part of the sign is corresponding to a ventilator, in fact to the one the relative position is more revealant (right side of the sign command the ventilator at the right of this pad, the left the left one, and the upper the upper on or opposite one for the pad located on the side without vent). The buttons react to the action key, if you hit it with a gun, or with a grenade, or with object, or if you simply come an touch it. One activated, the ventilator start spinning, once he get a given speed, the aspiration start (he get enough speed after a few millisecond in the way i build it, but if you are able to block it, then the aspiration will stop, and take back only when enough speed again). After 8 seconds, no more speed is given to the vent, and only inertia acts... Between two successifs starts of a given vent, there is at least 40 seconds, because during 4 seconds, the relateds buttons are disabled.

ScreenShots:

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Note:

15/08/2007: Normally there is a *.res file with all unsual textures and decals needed for the map. I don't know if we still have it.

Download link:

DOWNLOAD HERE
Last edited by FougereDeGuerre on Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La misere des amis n'est pas plus amusante qu'un jardin dont la flore est mourante.
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

find a way to prevent spawning player to be killed will be fine.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

I like the map, but I dont like being randomly killed by the vents:).. but just blowinng people of the platforms will make the vents useless..
I have an idea.. if you make the vents work the other way around - push people instead of pulling.. It will be more annoying, I think.. and not as deadly, because it will not kill directly...
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
OwG
E=mc² member

Post by OwG »

I prefer have a key.

Or use a temporisation : a people who stay more than 1 min on the top have to be killed.
EEE K t Pillo

Post by EEE K t Pillo »

I am in agreement with KIO, better than the ventilator pushes, thus not to encamp the players in the platforms and would be fun to fly...
darkmaster

Post by darkmaster »

Lot of people want to delete this map of cyclemap
Viviti

Post by Viviti »

me i propose to add others plateform between the floor and the one which are at the top of the map and repawn here. And for example add teleport on it to go upstair.

Say me what u think about it.
FougereDeGuerre

Post by FougereDeGuerre »

I' dont want to rework those maps anymore, but if you want to do it, just decompile it, and customize it.

Maybe like kio proposed in the past, change the way the Vents works, and made them push the players in the center of the map.

If you are unable to decompile it, just say it to give me an e-mail and I will send you an archive with all the custom texture used as well as the hammer vmf file. (if you want that kind of archive for any other map I did, feel free to ask too).
La misere des amis n'est pas plus amusante qu'un jardin dont la flore est mourante.