any idea for a map ?

All about E=mc² custom maps or if you want suggest a map for our servers
anti fougere
E=mc² member

any idea for a map ?

Post by anti fougere »

Like you can see, I like spending my time on hammer. If you want me(or another mapper of the team) to create "the map of your dream" please post it here. Post all your ideas about new maps we could create. You can also post here if you see bugs or things like that in maps played on the server
spongebob is a serial killer!!!!
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

I have seen nice huge map for sniper :
-> one in desert with a tower on the center
-> one in the snow camp
-> one in the temple ...

I will give the server ip. Some maps are crap ... but some are really good.

very huge map, gameplay is a little different than a killbox. there are open space so even if few players u can find him. Few physics in these map also. Camper map ... but verry funny.
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

try this server : 212.187.209.56:27015

I can also give u the maps...
OwG
E=mc² member

Post by OwG »

I would like a killbox map in the snow with a lot of ramp and pist.
I think it's difficult.

for the team, i would like a move trainig map with a lot of ramp pente, hard move to realise etc...
FougereDeGuerre

Post by FougereDeGuerre »

Thanks for those idea's. My brother has exams for now, so I don't know if he will spent lot of time to mapping during the following two weeks.
Owg, I don't know if my brother will spent time to jump and hard moves map, because this is very difficult to do, if you want a good map. Because you have to take care of the possible jump and movements in a given gravity, and thus you have to know or search for lot of values concerning the movement of a player, and the impact of the gravity of those jumps, ....

Maybe I'm wrong and a lot less work is sufficient, but if it is only to do a training map, I will personnaly not spend time to that. Sorry.

The other Idea, a killbox in snow, may be an interesting one. I don't know if it can be fun, but at least different of others maps...

And for the camping map, I have to found how to put tents for campers, and trying to create a slow blind of campers, if it is possible to directly include it in the map... =)
La misere des amis n'est pas plus amusante qu'un jardin dont la flore est mourante.
anti fougere
E=mc² member

Post by anti fougere »

thanks for those ideas. I will take a look on the server you gave cynyx. Like my brother said. I have a exams session but it finishes in two weeks :D. So during this two week I won't be very active in mapping.
OwG
E=mc² member

Post by OwG »

Take ur time man ;).
OwG
E=mc² member

Post by OwG »

What about my ideas about a move map ?
Viviti

Post by Viviti »

my favourite would be a small arène with a statue, or what u want in the middle of the map, and only "des lames pour trancher le bois".

An orgi map in fact hehe. ;)
Try this ;)
Trauma<
E=mc² member

Post by Trauma< »

I would like a map with long corridor (couloir) and some angle etc... for practice bunnyhopping? lol it's just an idea... if you got the time.. :)
darkmaster

Post by darkmaster »

ok but i created an overview for anti fouguerre
he will create the map as overview the map is a killbox ;)
[HL²]fans_TiAs

Post by [HL²]fans_TiAs »

I have a map like this...
I'll try to find it in my (very long) map list ^^.
Sorry if my english iznogoud xD
http://hl2-fans-team.halflifexpert.com/

Votre [HL²]fans_TiAs préféfé :P
[HL²]fans_TiAs

Post by [HL²]fans_TiAs »

my favourite would be a small arène with a statue, or what u want in the middle of the map, and only "des lames pour trancher le bois".

An orgi map in fact hehe. Wink
Try this
I have a map like this...
I'll try to find it in my (very long) map list ^^.

Viviti

Post by Viviti »

thk u Tias, i think that the map i though to be the one I want name : Killbox 7_b, maybe you will find it faster.

thk u ;)
anti fougere
E=mc² member

Post by anti fougere »

it's not totally the same but I took viviti's idea to make orgy_emc2
-small arena and many blades.
- but no statue in the middle sorry.

for the idea of a long corridor, I will try to do something, but I'm on another map project for now. I will do it after.
Viviti

Post by Viviti »

np mate, I love ur map orgi, it's so good and i have a lot a fun on it, but I spoke about an other map to fuzzy. Nice work ;)
[HL²]fans_TiAs

Post by [HL²]fans_TiAs »

I've found it :) .

dm_killsaw :

If you don't find it on any server i have uploaded soundcache, graph, .res and .bsp Here

KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

I have got a nice idea for a teamplay map!.. I drew it on paper, will scan it tomorrow and post here... Hope, you will like it and anti will make it..
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
darkmaster

Post by darkmaster »

anti fougere and me will creat a map together and try to get a nice map and a good gameplay
anti fougere
E=mc² member

Post by anti fougere »

but no idea so post your plan here, if you have something
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

So there is the plan and the idea, the way I see this map.. But feel free to add your own changes and stuff, but the gameplay I suggest is:
Combine and Rebels are separated and there is no way they meet face to face unless the combine jump over the wall(for suicide:)) or the rebels open the portal to the wall and towers.. I,actually, think it would be better if it was impossible to jump over the wall, but this would make shooting impossible as well:)
The gameplay is: the rebels are spawned in the centre and have to open the fence gates first, while the combine will try to shoot them, then rebels have to run to each tower to press the buttons again to open the main gates with teleports to the walls (teleports are one way only, like on the twintowers).. The opened gates stay open for some time and then close again and have to be opened again, I suggested the times on the picture.. But it is logical that the gates around the spawnpoints stay open for a long time, OR, as a challenge they close back very quickly (1 minute) and have to be opened frequently, but Im afraid this will make the game boring. So, when the rebels reach the walls and the towers - they directly oppose the combine.. So, the story is - Prisoners trying to defeat the prison guards and escape..
Now, the balance of the game:
- The Rebels are surrounded, so it is their weak point, BUT, there are a lot of shadows to hide in and not enough light in general on the ground. Also, the Rebels have a lot of space to run around.
- The Combine are on the walls which are high, so it is easy to shoot, camp etc, BUT, there is a lot of light on the walls and all of the Combine are easy to be seen and killed. Also, Combine have very limited space to move around.

Weapons:
- Rebels on the ground have MANY boxes of nades, so they can make up for the fact of being surrounded. They also have Shotguns, so when they teleport to the walls and the towers (narrow corridors) they can wipe out all of the Combine with the shotgun. They can also have ar2. But no or very little sniping weapons.
- Combine have a lot of .357 and Xbow, which they can use to shoot the Rebels from the top. But, they will have to be careful, because the Rebel nades will be flying everywhere :) They can have no nades or other explosives, as this would be unfair. So, they have the advantage of having the sniping weapons and being higher, but disadvantage of being killed by nades in the narrow corridors, when the Rebels teleport there.

So, this should create a balance in the game.
Now, some tips which I think are important:
- The map should not be small or VERY BIG. If it is small - it would be too easy to kill. If it is VERY BIG it would be boring to run 10 kilometers to press buttons and then run back to the gates, also the Nade-Xbow balance will be distorted, as nades will not be useful, because the will not fly so far to kill Combine on the walls.
- You have to think of an Anti-Camping strategy for the towers, I suggested a couple.
- And, If you are going to change something - think of the balance, it is very important because the teams will be using different weapons and different strategies.
So, I hope you will like it, and, which is more important, you will manage to make, as it can be a bit of a hard task:)
QOTD: O2 Broadband Usage policy:"...you can download as much as you like, but not more than 100GB per month..."
Cynyx
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by Cynyx »

nice work ... and nice ideas... I'm happy we have talented members ...
FougereDeGuerre

Post by FougereDeGuerre »

Hi there, really nice idea Kio. Just some thoughts here:
- the nade in the dark, and facing people armed with xbows,it is just like suicide. When you launch your nade, there is a red led on it, thus you are easily viewable.

-you spoke about few place to move for combine, but then 2 drawbacks: if any rebel can go close enough of the combine, this will be very close range combat, an i don't think that rebel will have enough time to prepare their nade after being teleported and before being killed. And if not enough places, then the teleportations will involve problems (you bill probably be teleported in one combine, thus blocked...
La misere des amis n'est pas plus amusante qu'un jardin dont la flore est mourante.
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Thanks,Cynyx, but Im just lazy:).. I dont wanna learn Hammer to make a map, so I just draw it quickly and expect others to struggle doing it:)..
Thanks, Foug...
Yeah, I thought about the red line from the nade, but still, if you dont properly see the person - it is harder to snipe.. Also, I manage to avoid being shot by an xbow and kill the sniper with a nade, and most people can do that - you have to aim better for xbow, than for the nade, so it is easier in the end...Also, I thought, if 2 rebels launch nades at the same person - the sniper will not survive.. But, yeah, you are right its a drawback of the darkness, but in theory it would be niiiice. Also, "the thick red lines to show the killer" plugin will give away the position of a Rebel as well.
Yeah, narrow corridors. But I said, Rebels will have shotguns, smgnades and ar2 balls.. So, it is kind of balanced.. Well, it doesnot have to be THAT NARROW:).. And you can make special teleporting places, which are not blockable easily, just now I thought of a tube in the wall, into which the Rebel will be teleported and then will just fall down into the corridor, thus, not spawning into something.. Or, the tube may lead towatds a door in the wall, which only opens one way.. or smth.. So there are ways to avoid that problem...
Thanks for the thoughts, Foug, Im not saying that it is ideal:).. But it is a rough idea of what I see as a nice gameplay map:).. The mappers will have to think of avoiding such problems, not me :P
anti fougere
E=mc² member

Post by anti fougere »

very interesting idea, we will try to make something as good as your idea
anti fougere
E=mc² member

Post by anti fougere »

starting to work on this map :!: :D
Viviti

Post by Viviti »

nice anti. ;)
KIO
E=mc² member

Post by KIO »

Thanks Anti:)
Very nice to hear... I will be waiting for it now:))
FuzzyBear9
E=mc² Member, Site Admin

Post by FuzzyBear9 »

I have a great idea for a map....

...how about a super-sized choccy biscuit...???

:P
First BE - Then DO - Only then TELL
federalic
E=mc² member

Post by federalic »

Or maybe shopping center?...Anti, i can sent pics of my countyyard to u. It has tall buildings on perimeter and two small in the middle....if ull do this map, it will looks like house+killbox i suppose.